Picture of air bag..

Started by turbinebronze, October 11, 2016, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbinebronze

Hi All,
  Someone posted a pic of an air bag, mounted on their leaf spring, with in the last 2 weeks. I think it was a GM unit, rear bag...and I can't find it. I did the search using the words air bag.  No good...(well, lots of hits, just not what I need.)
  Can anyone point me at it?  I'd like to see the pic again, and figure out what chassis it is.
  Thanks, Craig.

Rickf1985

I do remember seeing pics of an air bag installation front and back but that was on a Ford chassis. May have been in the Chassis, all brands section.

I just looked through all the posts where I might have seen it and I cannot find it. If I come across it I will let you know but I am sure it was a Ford because it was a solid front axle and it  caught my eye so I looked to see the brand.

Found it, It is a Ford F53 Chassis, http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,13315.0.html and also the next topic in line.

turbinebronze

That's it Rick! Thanks!
  The front kit looks like it could work on my '69 Mahal Travco.
I installed a Firestone kit on the rear, but that will be under another subject line. (had to mix parts..)

Thanks again, Craig

Rickf1985

Send Frankenhome a PM and he can probably give you all kinds of info on the kits. He is quite the mechanic.