How long can the furnace run on two 6 Volt Batteries?

Started by LJ-TJ, October 01, 2016, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Hey gang, how long can you run the furnace on two 6volt batteries while boon docking before you run the batteries down and have to recharge i?? Thanks

Rickf1985

That is going to be a really tough question to answer because what it boils down to is the actual running time of the blower. That is what really sucks the power. If it is colder the heater will run more so the blower will be on longer so shorter time. If your insulation is not all that good then the heater will run more often, same end result. So really it is going to be pretty hard for us to say what will happen with your. I can tell you I have gone two days on mine in 40 degree weather but I have 2 12 volt batteries. I probably could have gone another day but did not want to push it. From the research I have done the battery reserve should not be all that much different.

LJ-TJ

Yeah, gottcha. I'm going out to the race track Wed to Sunday and was just trying to get a feel of what I was looking at. I can't tell you much about my rig as we've never really used the furnace that much. Thinking of a 25 lb tank and a Buddy Heater.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

:-[ Ok,ok point made  D:oH! Forgot had other things on my mind. Thanks Dave. Sorry. I can't seem to find the stuff I need on the search. Yes I'm the dime candle on the chandler.

Oz

Hey, no matter what age you are, all vintage RVers show signs of slipping gears.

BTW - if you want to find your topics, you don't need to use the search. 
Just go to your profile, hover over "Profile Info" and a drop down will appear.
Hover over "Show Posts" and another drop down will appear. 
Select "Topics" and it'll bring up a page with all the topics you posted!

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca