Another new winnie wanter

Started by RickNC, September 20, 2016, 02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickNC

Recently decided we wanted a motorhome for 1-2 month road trips and weekend music festivals. Taking out a mortgage to buy a recent model one doesn't appeal to us( we just recently paid off all of our debts!  :)ThmbUp  ). We are liking the  late 80's early 90's  class A Warrior and it's Itasca clone in the 22-26' length. Not in a hurry to buy or get on the road.

I recently retired as a building contractor. I'm also interested in boats. I have a 1983 17' Seaward Slipper sail boat and a 1982 19' Midland Lobster Skiff. I restored both boats.

I appreciate the opportunity to join and hope I will have something useful to share along the way.

Rick
Wilmington NC

Rickf1985

Boat restoration skills are a plus with these things for sure.

RickNC

Boats and RV's do have a few things in common. So far I have learned;  No one sells a perfectly good boat or RV. A boat is a hole in the water, A RV is a hole in the road, You pour money into both  ;)

legomybago

I've heard more than once that "A happy boat owner is the day they bring there boat home, AND the day they sell it".....RV's can be the same.....
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

RickNC

I see you have an FMC, I saw one fully restored parked at Carolina Beach (NC) about a month ago, I love the lines!

legomybago

Yes, they are a special breed :D I view them as one of the more odd, obscure vehicles from the 70's you can get...I love quirky vehicles, like the Forward Control Jeeps, to the AMC Pacer. I wish I had a 1976 Pacer to pull behind the FMC ??? ???

Rickf1985

If you had said that 6 months ago a buddy of mine just sold one. He is now selling his 69 AMX.

legomybago

The AMX is probably big money....I'm cheap.

TerryH

AMX reminds me of some of the Studebakers - far before their time.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

I didn't ask him what he was asking for it. He has sold two others already, One of them was a factory 401! This one is a 390.

RickNC

I was a fan of the early Pacer before they put that ugly grill on it in 78? Girl I dated in high school got a new 75 for graduation. I loved all the glass, hardly any blind spots. Only bad thing was on a really hot day the A/C could barely keep up. She said she kept that car for over 10 years until rust finally ate it up.

legomybago

Quote from: RickNC on September 22, 2016, 05:41 PM
I was a fan of the early Pacer before they put that ugly grill on it in 78? Girl I dated in high school got a new 75 for graduation. I loved all the glass, hardly any blind spots. Only bad thing was on a really hot day the A/C could barely keep up. She said she kept that car for over 10 years until rust finally ate it up.
I totally agree on the 78' grill....ugly. I've owned one, a 1976 two tone blue and white one. My Grandpa liked them too, he said AMC stood for "All Makes of Cars!" lol, because of the different parts like Chrysler 904 trannys, I think they had mopar rear ends too?? I know they had other parts that weren't AMC but I can't remember W%

CapnDirk

Bago:

Chevy steering column!

Rick:

You missed a comment about a jeep?

To everyone, I remember wanting an AMX Soooo bad.  Perfect race car I thought.  But then I realized I had to be practical as a kid...... No back seat?   :D
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Rickf1985

Who needed a back seat? I'm 6'3" and I made the front seat work. ;) :)ThmbUp

CapnDirk

"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

Rickf1985

No, young adult ingenuity. W%

CapnDirk

Well I suppose, but a 6'3" you would likely have to open BOTH doors!    :)rotflmao