Gilbert Pa. Military vehicle show. Old Travco spotted

Started by Rickf1985, September 17, 2016, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Went to my end of the year show this weekend and when I woke up in the morning on Friday I saw a old RV in the lot a ways down from me. There were as many people taking pictures of it as they were old military vehicles. :) I talked to the owner but caught him at a bad time since a sale he had planned fell through at the show so he was really not in the mood to talk campers but he did tell me it was a 1975 Travco that someone had stripped all the badging off of before he got it.

And Mark, Didn't I hear you say once you were in a tank unit? do you recognize this?

Oz

Yes, I was, but I don't think I've ever seen and interior that pristine!  LOL!

I've operated M551 Sheridans, M60A1 & A3 & M1A1 Abrams tanks, M113 APCs & artillery ammunition carriers & M577 commo tracks, and SP109 self-propelled howitzers.  This interior is unfamiliar to me.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

That was an M4 Sherman. I was asked if I wanted to get in the drivers seat, yea right, I don't think they had 6'3" tank drivers! And at my age and condition I would have never been able to get out IF I managed to fall in. N:( Here is an M3 Sheridan that was running there also. Even less room in that one.