New to forum introduction

Started by 46belowzero, September 12, 2016, 09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

46belowzero

Hello my name is Josh, I live in Alaska. My wife and I recently bought our first RV, a 1984 Itasca Windcruiser. We are currently in the process of renovations, there was a lot of water damage from roof and window leaks. We fixed those stripped all of the old wallpaper off and have painted the interior from the cab back. We pulled up all the carpet and are planning to replace with linoleum flooring. We may have to replace some of the floor because it is bowed up from wet feet tracking on the carpet. But all in all we feel we got as good deal on her, we talked the old owners down from 2500 to 2000 bucks, everything works and it has brand new tires. I'm worried that there is maybe an exhaust leak at least that is what it sounds like and also there is no fuel pump from the generator what can I replace that with and where is it located??? The last owners told me its gone that's how I know. Haven't been under to look around. Is there a basic rv operating manual on here that tells you how to operate everything< haha total newbie. I think it's the 29 and some change footer nothing I have says so that I know of and I haven't measured. I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to getting to know the community. If you have any questions ask away.

46belowzero

I'd like to post picture but I don't know how to make files smaller

Rickf1985

Welcome to the nuthouse. :D There should be a tag on the bottom of the drivers door or somewhere in that vicinity giving you all of the information about the coach. Gross weight and both the chassis serial number and the coach serial number. The coach number will give you the length. If you become a full or life member you will have access to all of our manuals which will include all of the ones you are asking about. As far as asking about things like the generator or exhaust leak be sure to go to that particular section of the forum, like generators for that and Chassis, GM or Chevrolet, I can never remember which it says. I am guessing you have the Chevy P30 chassis and the 454 engine? The forum owner likes everything to be in the correct forum so as long as you are there you are good to go.

46belowzero

Thank you, I'll be sure to post in the right areas. There is a tag but nothing says what is what as far as length haha. You are correct about the chassis and engine. I plan on getting the full membership shortly.Do you know how to make pictures smaller on a phone?

46belowzero

I just bought lifetime membership now if I can just navigate this forum right, I'm computer illiterate and even worse on a phone haha

Rickf1985

I'm an old guy, can't help on the phone. I have had a smart phone for 5 years and I am still not as smart as it is. I send all my pictures to Photobucket oniline and then download them to the forum from there. Just click the IMG link in photobucket and come to the forum and click paste in your post.

46belowzero

46belowzero

46belowzero

46belowzero

Awesome it worked!!! So there she is!

joanfenn

Ha Rick is not as smart as his phone? :)rotflmao    and he admits he's old?? :)rotflmao :)rotflmao   Wow who hit him with the "honest" stick?? :)ThmbUp

46belowzero

Rickf1985

Well, there is a discussion going on right now in the gear box about just that. Mine and Terry's age.

Rickf1985

Something I did with mine when I got it was to take pictures of everything, generator and it's data plate, the refrigerator and it's data plate etc. and then put all of those pics in a file on my computer desktop. That way whenever I need to reference anything it is right there, no running out to get numbers or stuff like that. I also download all the manuals and put them in the same file. I have a copy of that file on my laptop that goes with me when I travel so I have all the manuals with me. You will find Daves electrical diagrams invaluable. Any article I find that is of interest goes in that file. It has come in very handy over the years.

46belowzero

Great idea guess I better get a computer haha

Rickf1985

Damn kids! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

46belowzero

Race and derby cars have been the priority haha

Rickf1985

At 63 I can no longer race (I don't count the occasional drift in my Mustang W% ) but I did race anything that moved under it's own power up through my early 50's.

46belowzero

Awesome!!! I race hobby stock class and mini stock at the dirt track