A Quick Shopping Tip for your Receipts

Started by plockit007, February 12, 2017, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plockit007

Hi I'd like to offer a quick tip for your RV purchases and any Warranty purchases a new house battery etc.

Since it looks like computers are the norm for day to day living. Here is a way that I found to be helpful for keeping track of my RV Warranties for things I have purchased.

Walmart as well as other stores usually will print you a receipt for your purchases. If you don't jump on this idea right away and don't un-crumple the receipt out of your pocket you will soon see that the receipt begins to vanish the longer it sits around or when you file it.

I found that digitizing (Scanning your receipt) not only protects your purchase but also does away without losing the receipt. It is a little time consuming but definitely worth the few minutes it takes to do it.

Don't forget to create a folder or a file where you keep everything stored and make copies of the folder somewhere else.  Take Pictures as well.

Which brings about another subject of forgetfulness. That would be another tip for another time. W%

TerryH

Whatayou talking about 'forgetfulness'? Wait - what are we discussing here? i?? i?? i??
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

plockit007

Let me see!!!! Gosh I forgot N:( !!!!  I'm trying to get on here more being retired is a mess when you are trying to keep going and going.  I am on the way to 30 years being gone from the military. :)clap

strykersd

With free softwares such as Evernote you can just snap a picture on your smart phone and store it in a folder of your receipts in seconds.  Hope this helps!

plockit007

Every little Tidbit of information helps. We are supposed to enjoy our life and live it to the best. With all of this we cannot do anything with out a receipt garbage well we just have to get the proof of what we spent and sometimes just to show customer service that the item was ours and not stolen.  Customer Service often times is a lot to be desired. I hate the lines.. D:oH!

Free software is always a plus+++++++ Plenty of pictures as well!!!!!

Rickf1985

Remember the "Paperless society" we were supposed to be living in by now? What happened with that? Seems the register receipts are ten times as long and paperwork at doctors offices is multiplied by 20.

plockit007

For sure on the paper stacks and then when we do need a copy they have to look it up (such hard work) and we are charged an amount that is more than the information we want. :(