Accidentally went fulltime

Started by bnlfan, December 29, 2016, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnlfan

Hello all,

Several weeks ago I left in my motorhome to give it some road time.  I drove to work and then over to a friends.  Well, on my way home I was tired and stopped at Walmart to grab a few mins sleep.  I ended up waking up in time to go to work.

This happened over 3 weeks ago.  I have been boondocking since then.  I have only went home once.

Today I called and turned off the home phone and internet.  As I am typing, I am at the Lowes using free wifi after shopping for parts to mount 2 of my 6 solar panels on the roof.

I have no desire to go home and have started getting rid of my stuff.  I have someone interested in my house. 

Apparently, I live in my rv now.  Hahaha

khantroll

Congrats BNL! I fully expect this to happen to me someday. Best of luck!

joanfenn

Funny how that just snuck up on you.  Way to go.  Enjoy your new way of life :)clap

kenwautoone

Pretty much did the same thing in February!.....Ken

LJ-TJ

Seems more and more folks are getting out from under the material thing life style, keeping up with the Jones's syndrome. Seems the confusing part is what to do with all the new found money now your not paying property tax's.  Outrageous electric bills, water bills, house maintenance bills. Amazing how well you sleep when your not worried were the money is going to come from to pay the bills. Hm? There making it tougher and tougher every year to be a farmer. Looks can be deceiving on a farm. Cost keep going up but there not paying any more money for the crop an years ago. Yes we really do have real jobs so we can pay for the privilege of being a farmer. Farmers feed cities. If you keep turning good productive farm fields into Condo's and strip malls you ain't going to have any food. D:oH! i??   

Elandan2

TJ, funny that you should put the words "outrageous electric bills" together.  $@!#@! 
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

cook elandan

So what do you think is the average cost for you going full-time. I know that there are alot of variables but in general what are most spending.

beaverman

Can't wait until Nov 1 2017, that's the day we go full time also! Have been getting stuff ready for this spring to start yard sales and dumping all this crap on someone else and hitting the road!

bnlfan

Quote from: cook elandan on December 30, 2016, 01:41 PM
So what do you think is the average cost for you going full-time. I know that there are alot of variables but in general what are most spending.

My main expense is fuel.

I am still working on the rv to make it mine and fix a few issues from previous owner.  Those I don't count.

I found a free source of water and dumping.  Because of my job, I don't have to purchase food during the week.  Weekend either if I do it right.

Oddly enough, I don't have a tv in here.  I have a 50 inch plasma at my house.  It will be gone this weekend.

I am just doing things outside and reading alot more.  Just got the newest Lee Child book "Jack Reacher - Night School".

Tomorrow I  am going to the library to pay my late fines and get more books.

For radio I charge my Rigid drill batteries at work to use on my portable radio..  Same for my phones.

Froggy1936

You are my kind of guy, The more free stuff the better, Free dumping is a good one , Water is not to hard to find . Love Walmarts  for overnight . Stock up use the rest room (usually very clean) Have breakfast  Move on Fuel is always going to be the biggest expense   Have fun  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

CapnDirk

Hey BNLFAN.  Maybe a small 12V solar for the batteries (phone, drill).  Would not have to be roof mounted.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

bnlfan

Quote from: CapnDirk on December 31, 2016, 12:10 PM
Hey BNLFAN.  Maybe a small 12V solar for the batteries (phone, drill).  Would not have to be roof mounted.

That is actually a great idea.  I purchased an FM blue tooth radio with usb plug ins as well to mount in the dash board.  I then purchased a small solar panel and will be getting a small 12v deep cycle battery.  The plan is to have the radio tied to the existing radio speakers.  Have its own separate power bank and allow use without running down the starting battery.  Plus, it has the ability to charge my phone. 

As I progress, I will be taking pictures to post.  Since I am now living in the rv, I will have to do all this work.  If I can just stop chasing after my new lady friend....lol. Which is what started it all.  She was the reason I left to go home so late in the first place. Hahah

CapnDirk

Hmmmmm.  Tinker on the RV, visit the lady, tinker on the RV, tinker on the lady in the RV...  Seems like a good life, you may have discovered nirvana.

At least until she decides to redecorate!   :D
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

bnlfan

Quote from: CapnDirk on January 02, 2017, 03:58 PM
Hmmmmm.  Tinker on the RV, visit the lady, tinker on the RV, tinker on the lady in the RV...  Seems like a good life, you may have discovered nirvana.

At least until she decides to redecorate!   :D

I hit the lottery in love once before.  The best 13 years of my life until God called her home at the young age of 41.  I was 38....funny thing...I had to raise my 2 kids alone.  Now, I am looking at a 12 year old and 7 month old.  I would jump at the chance.  Nirava indeed.

CapnDirk

ClydesdaleKevin

Have fun!  We've been fulltiming it for over 10 years now and love it!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

CapnDirk

Remember the three stages of Motorhomez (AKA fulltimers) disease for which there may be no cure and can effect memory in later stages.

Sometimerz disease

Partimerz disease.

Alltztimers disease

Symptoms are working on it too much  $@!#@! , giving your motorhome a cute name  :)clap  and when you open the front door of your house the dogs run to the RV instead of the car  :)rotflmao

Give generously to CapnDirks fund for Alltztimmers in this new year so that he to may experience the joy!   :D

bnlfan

Okay, tonight we are in freezing weather.  I have already identified 3 areas to insulate.  Lol

CapnDirk

I'm with you there.  It was 14 this morning.  The recent week had me working on wiring at the dash and laying down in front of the drivers seat.  HOLY cow is there a draft at the drivers door!  Could not see it in the drivers seat, but laying down you could see daylight in several places.

bnlfan

Well, last night my doors froze shut.  Not the doors themselves but the latch assy.  I sprayed it with white lithium once I got it open.  Folks, you may want to do this to all you door locks and latches.