86 Fleetwood Southwind Eagle - Chassis battery not charging on shore power

Started by tintin, August 17, 2016, 04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin

I have noticed that the chassis battery does not charge while being plugged in shore power. So far the coach batteries seem to be charging. When I start the motor and let it run for a while the chassis battery is taking a charge. Could this be a converter issue? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jeno

I don't know if you're mine but mine the chassis battery doesn't charge when it's plugged in only the homes batteries charge hope this helps

legomybago

Your system is working as intended. If you have an issue with the coach battery draining, search for a short, or you can put a disconnect switch on it.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Rickf1985

Chassi battery will not charge on shore power unless the aux. switch is in the on position. That is not a good habit to get into as it could lead to all dead batteries.

DaveVA78Chieftain

If you want the ability to Charge the chassis battery while charging the house battery, then you need to install a Trik-L-Start

Remember though, you need a modern 3 or 4 stage charger where the float mode is around 13.2VDC so you do not boil the batteries dry.
[move][/move]

Rickf1985

I have a Battery Tender hooked up to my chassis battery and it is plugged into a 110 outlet on the coach so whenever there is shore power or generator power the chassis battery is being maintained.