'93 Brave - P30 Monroe front shock part number needed

Started by Dolores, August 09, 2016, 01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolores

Does anyone know the Monroe part number for front shock absorbers on a 1993 Brave with a P30 chassis please?

kennyrodgers

Hi,
I just bought / fitted 557003 for my 94 p30 via Rock Auto.
Cheers.
J.F.D.I

Dolores

I have a 92 chassis with a 93 body.....but I don't suppose the shocks will have changed between the year of my RV and the year of yours.  I see some on Amazon will ship to the UK so will have to shop around for a good deal. Thanks again

kennyrodgers

Hi Buddy,
I got mine from Rock Auto, very decent price inc shipping to the UK. I got the Monroe Steering stabiliser as well and it worked out the same as what a pair of shocks bought from the UK would have. Happy days.
DB Motors had the Monroes in stock a few weeks ago when I was searching, his price was £80 per shock. Told me he'd loose money if he sold them for less. UK dealers must now be paying full U.S retail and more !!  Yeah right.

I'd advise against buying the ones listed on ebay UK listed at approx £80 for the pair.  They show the generic web pic of the correct Monroe shock but when you ask for the part number they certainly aren't the 557003's. He said to me "they fit and they work" Hmmmmm.

If i don't need it tomorrow I'll always order from either Amazon US or Rock Auto. You'll save  £££££'s from either.
Easy job to change 'em out as well.
Good luck,
Pete.
:)ThmbUp

J.F.D.I

Rickf1985

One thing to check on the P30 is the front upper mounting stud. They are actually a bolt in affair and they sometimes come loose in the frame. They can be quite a bear to get tight again and sometimes they need to be torched of and new ones put in. I need a new one right now but have not found the replacements yet.

Dolores

Anyone know just out of curiosity - what a Monroe 6071 fits???????

kennyrodgers

Hi Rick,
You get a new top mount included with the Monroe 557003. It's in the shape of a big bolt that goes through from the inside of the frame.
Happy Days.
:)ThmbUp
J.F.D.I

HandyDan

Don't do like me and think they will work with the top bolt mount already on the motorhome.  Take everything off from the old shocks and install just like the directions tell you.  They will fit great and really improve the ride.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

lemortede

I love this board.
It always has the answers or confirmation I need.
I figured I replaced the upper mount but wanted to make sure.