Started by lexadmn, August 04, 2016, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexadmn

Greetings all and Thank You for allowing us to join your forum.

We have already seen a wealth of information on this forum and have plenty of time to read on.
We have acquired a 94 Warrior/P30 that certainly needs attention and we have already started gaining knowledge from the forum as we begin working through this.

KC

Elandan2

Welcome!! Don't forget, we all like pictures!! :)clap   Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

Welcome to the funny farm, We try to be helpful.

The other Rick. :D

TerryH

What do you mean "needs attention"? Surely the PO told you everything works, need's nothing, ready for your adventure! ??? ??? ???
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

lexadmn

Quote from: TerryH on August 04, 2016, 10:56 PM
What do you mean "needs attention"? Surely the PO told you everything works, need's nothing, ready for your adventure! ??? ??? ???

Yea, pretty much.......

But what we have learned (and spent already) is, "needs nothing" interprets as needing:
master cylinder
calipers
rotors (cracked) and wheel bearings
both bell cranks
both idler arms
draglink
7 tires
all exhaust from headers back
differential bearings (pinion and carrier)
universal joints
chassis electrical (lights)

I haven't had the courage to look under the rear drums yet.

I did buy one luxury just to help me feel a little better about this, a set of polished alloys.

fasteddie313

Quote from: TerryH on August 04, 2016, 10:56 PM

PO, "I wouldn't hesitate to go to the UP and back on those tires (500 miles), I just did 2 summers ago and got 18MPG, runs great!!"

Start it and the fuel return line is dumping on top of the tank.. I clamp it by the FP with some vice grips..

I blew a tire on my way home with it, about 30 miles...

I got 3MPG on my way home, rusted out hot air choke tube idling sky high..

EVERYTHING that "works great" needed attention. I can't really think of a single thing that "worked great" and didn't need something or another to be proper..

But I knew this..

Went to look at it, CL ad $2500..

I went and pointed out a thousand things wrong with it and left..
He calls me when I'm not even half way home almost begging, 10 miles maybe and I drive..
I offered him $1300 and he took it, maybe I should have offered less IDK..
It's the only MH I even went to look at besides the chiefton that got me interested in a MH anyway..

I did my research and knew what I wanted as far as a base, what I got is a great base to build on, for $1300 I'm glad I bought it. No buyers remorse here..

EldoradoBill

Nice choice. I love ours-it's the perfect size for two. Tomorrow the Hydroboost and master cylinder get replaced; self-applying brakes do nothing for fuel economy (discovered this on the way back from having 7 tires installed $$$)

Welcome aboard,

Bill