Torqflite 727 transmission

Started by roma, July 14, 2016, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roma

Hello,
Can someone tell me wat the seize en thread is of the bolts screwed in a the oilpan of the transmission.
I have to modify my shifting cable and have to place a new bracket on the transmission that requires longer bolts.
Due to the fact that I am an european and not familair with the american system and That I have to take 2 new bolts with me In advance because the camper stands in Spain now it would be very helpfull if someone can tell me this.

Thnx  Rob van der Made proud owner of my 72 winnebago Indian (very rare in Europe) 

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

BrianB

I don't have a Dodge chassis, but Summit Racing sells transmission pan bolts in a kit, and the kit says it is good for GM/Dodge/Ford transmissions. See here: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-910400/overview/  (I did a Google search for "torqueflite 727 pan bolts")
Those are 5/16" diameter, 18 threads per inch, 3/4" long. I can say that those are correct for GM THM series transmissions.

Starting point anyway...

Best would be to just crawl under and take one out to take with you to hardware store (or to measure if ordering online, since PO is in metric territory).
Check out my RV trip planning & prep: http://alaska.boorman.us/

The movie Twister - that research instrument? Yeah, she figured it out.

EldoradoBill

5/16-18. Pick the length you need

Bill

roma

Tnxs guys, I ve managed to fix it during my trip in Portugal. I took the new bracket and cable as described on the forum with we along with 2 longer bolts.
When I treid to put it under I discovered that I took the wrong bolts with me.....unf instead of unc.
Because I was in the middle of nowhere I flattened a part of the carter so I didnt have to use the big rings under the bracket. Because of that the orginal bolts fitted.
Now the Indian shifts every gear like new at the right position on the shift lever.
Thanks to the tips on the forum
Gtr Roma

Oz

Please accept my apology for the long delay for replies.  Summer is very busy and many questions are asked.  Unfortunately, some do slip through the cracks from time to time.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca