Awning size and attachment

Started by lemortede, July 05, 2016, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemortede

I am looking to get an awning for my 88 Chieftain 22.
My mounting points are limited (this limits my size as well) due to the many appliance and storage access doors.
I have tried to find a recommend mounting point and size document but have not found much.
Does anyone have a similar year and size and willing to post a pic or can point me to a recommended install document from Winnebago?

cook elandan

have you googled you unit and looked at all the pics there. there were alot that had awnings on them, you could get a good idea there. if that helps.

Rickf1985

The awning on my 89 attaches above the basement doors. the front attachment is right at the front passenger window and the rear is way back there but as far as the bottom attachment I don't see any obstructions unless the 88 is substantially different than the 89. The upper is above everything.

TerryH

Not sure if this applies to yours, but-
For me, the lower brackets fasten thru the 'c' channel and insert that runs horizontally at the floor support line. This has/should have steel behind and is/should be structural. Your limits here are avoiding interfering with the full opening and clipping open of access doors.
Upper brackets mount thru the awning rope rail which also runs/should run along the side to roof connection steel structure. No real limits at the top.
As far as windows go, it's up to you. An arm may fall within a window line, but the awning support arms can be unlocked at the bottom and planted on the ground to allow window removal if required. Helps in avoiding walking into the arms as well.
If you were to buy new awning cloth only, you order by the center point measurement between the two support arms - not the cloth size or the tube size. If the same is true for a complete awning, fine. If not, the deciding measurement for you would that of the arms.
Further, the lower 'c' channel can be used as a quick mount point for various BBQ's (RVQ, etc.). I also use it for a small table with one folding support leg.
Hope this helps.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore