Another newbie!!

Started by tinbender71, May 18, 2016, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinbender71

Hello, I'm Pat. I just bought my first motor home about 2 weeks ago. 1987 31' Fleetwood Bounder. It's very clean inside and all appliances work. I went ahead and became a member the day after I bought it. This site has been a wealth of information for me. I drove it home 100 miles running on 7 cylinders and wandering all over the road!

In the last two weeks, I have tuned up the 454, and had to put a new song intake on due to the original being blown out at the heat crossover. New plugs and wires. And oil change. Runs great now.

The steering, I put on a Super steer bell crank mount, a new damper, and repacked the bearings. Drives much better now. Still having a little shimmy, but I'll post that in the chassis section.

We have scrubbed it down inside and out, and made sure everything works. And as of today, I now have an operational generator! Again thanks to this site.

We will be using it to go to different lakes close to us. Farthest one is about 100 miles from here. We have a hot rod boat we like to take out, and have several others around us that also enjoy the sport. It's going to be a heck of a step up from tent camping, and less expensive than cabin rentals.

Anyway, wanted to say thanks, and very excited to try out our new home away from home. We are planning our first trip this weekend.

LJ-TJ

Welcome mate, welcome to the funny farm. :)ThmbUp

M & J

Funny farm indeed TJ.

Welcome to the forum!
M & J

Rickf1985

Welcome aboard, I could have sworn I posted last night? Anyway, We try to have the answers to your questions here.

Jonbbrew

Welcome....bunch of great folks here who have helped me a ton!
Keep Er' Goin' Eh!

Jonathan