Just cause the coach is level does NOT mean the fridge is!

Started by Rickf1985, May 09, 2016, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I was putting in new levels at the drivers station today to make setup a bit easier and quicker so I got the coach on fairly level ground and finished leveling with the air bags I was leveling the fridge, had levels on both planes of the fridge so it was dead perfect. Attached the levels up front and decided to check the beds, WOW!  Counters! Wow!  Well the fridge was perfect but everything else was off. I remembered seeing in the book about my fridge that it had a pretty good tolerance so I got the book out and it says right in the book that it does not have to be perfectly level. It can be out by 3 degrees to either side or 6 degrees to the front or back. That does not sound like much but those amounts will definitely not be comfortable to live in so I am comfortable knowing that I can set the coach level and the fridge will survive. I am going to leave the levels where they are marking that t fridge is dead nuts  and then make secondary marks on the levels at where the coach itself is level. When I do my initial cool down and load up of the camper it will be dead on for the fridge but when camping it will be comfortable for us.

You might want to check how yours are as far as coach vs. fridge are. And then also check the fridge specs and see what they allow for out of level.

TerryH

My math is very rusty, but I come up with 3deg. off level over 24" is equal to about 1 1/8 inches. Over 30 feet it would be about 18 inches.
Sounds like comfortable for you would be well within specs.
Of course, as I said, rusty.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

DaveVA78Chieftain

Duh, well, ahh, it would seem then,
that one would level the coach then shim the fridge to be level so that when you level the coach the fridge would then also be level.
[move][/move]

Froggy1936

I have levels all over Some that I can see from the drivers seat Which I use when parking , But I have a circular bubble mounted on the base that the fridge sits on, That is the decideing one , Bubble anywhere in the circle is good !  Problem is you have to get out and open the fridge access door to see it , With 2 people no problem . Frt to rear being off is the critical one, Side to side is more forgiving !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Rickf1985

Quote from: DaveVA78Chieftain on May 09, 2016, 07:34 PM
Duh, well, ahh, it would seem then,
that one would level the coach then shim the fridge to be level so that when you level the coach the fridge would then also be level.

After this trip I am going to be pulling the fridge out to close in the sides to get better airflow through the coils and I will put it back inline with the coach.