remodeling dodge coachman

Started by budder, May 01, 2016, 02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budder

First i would like to say Hi. I'm from the uk i love old cars mainly vw W% . I hav 2 bugs and a 69 bay window camper :)clap .
As a family we have out grown the vw so i went on the search for something different.
This is what i ended up with....

budder

I soon decided it was to Rotten To do anything with its very low mileage 18000 miles it's been it the uk since 1980. So i decide i will rebody her.... ??? :)clap :'(

budder

budder

budder

budder

budder

budder

No cill new cill made and welded on.

budder

Right for the sides I'm using grp the sheets are 7.5m by 2.5m.

budder

Right i have to bond the grp to the side of harvery
The first glue was crap and with in days it started to fall off $@!#@! i?? .
So i bought a different adhesive bond it pro gb and it worked a treat.

Schmitti

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Elandan2

And you're calling that a "remodel"!!!  Bit of an understatement.  Wow, fantastic.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

And I am worried about how to reskin mine!??? GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was looking at the first pic thinking "yea that is a nice one" and BAM, hit the second pic.! And built out of full sized lumber, that is going to be a heavy one but it will be SOLID. Very nice work. Keep the pictures coming. I am especially interested in the siding, can you give more specifics on it. I realize it will be different material from UK to US but I am sure I can cross it over.

brians1969

Yeah, me too. I know GRP is glass reinforced plastic...British for fiberglass. I wonder if it's Filon?

LJ-TJ

GOOD LORD about say's it best. D:oH! Nice work though. And I thought some of the rebuild projects on the Old Winnebago's were ambitious. Well done.

JessEm

Rickf1985

Quote from: brians1969 on May 01, 2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah, me too. I know GRP is glass reinforced plastic...British for fiberglass. I wonder if it's Filon?

Then that is probably the same as FRP here. Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic, or Panel. Depending on who you talk to.

budder

Yeah sounds the same really strong stuff.
I'm trying to get around the wiring at the moment.
Don't you hate it when people try to do wiring and make a bloody mess. Spent most of the day making new wiring looms for the old girl. Hm?

budder

Quote from: Rickf1985 on May 01, 2016, 10:52 AM
And I am worried about how to reskin mine!??? GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was looking at the first pic thinking "yea that is a nice one" and BAM, hit the second pic.! And built out of full sized lumber, that is going to be a heavy one but it will be SOLID. Very nice work. Keep the pictures coming. I am especially interested in the siding, can you give more specifics on it. I realize it will be different material from UK to US but I am sure I can cross it over.
I'm hoping it's going to be the same weight. Before i started it weighed 3.9 tonnes i have shortened it by 6 foot and the bed over cab was bloodly heavy what i have over the cab now is under half the weight.
It will be interesting to see how much it weighs when i finish.

legomybago

Same here....1st pic, nice looking mountain scene on the side of that rig, 2nd pic, BAM! cab and chassis! You've got some serious ambition, Im jealous, keep up the good work.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

budder

Started the insulation today.

budder

Aluminum waiting to go on the roof of the rv.
From front curve to back curve.

budder

Todays the day. I had to struggle my bum of getting
That alloy up there.

Rickf1985

Looks good, will that wrap all the way down the front too? If so that will make for a very water tight roof. :)ThmbUp

budder

Yep from the bottom of the front curve all the way to
The bottom of the back curve. ;)