Need Replacement exhaust manifolds 1979 dodge 360

Started by John.0, April 21, 2016, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John.0

I'm looking at replacing the exhaust manifolds and am unsure if the part I'm looking for will fit.
Here is a link -->LINK<-- .They look about right except for the holes under the ports,will they matter?
It will be alot cheaper to put headers on it so would something like -->THIS<-- fit and be a good choice.

Here is a photo of the right side.It is cracked(not shown in the photo) and previous owners let a leak go for so long it erroded out the manifold pretty badly.

Froggy1936

Personally I would go with the headers , They will present a new set of problems though, You will have to add heat shields to the plug wires  shield any brake or fuel lines that will come near the first 8 ft of the exaust system Also do they supply the down pipes ? And use a muffler of at least 24 in length or end up with a real noise maker You will probably have to build a complete ex system (Advance & Pep Boys carry all the elbows/ pipes necc )  Have Fun  D:oH!  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

John.0

I probably will go with the headers.Did you happen to take a look at the ones I linked,do you know if they will fit.They are shorty headers that exhaust down the center like the factory ones and they look like they will connect to the exhaust in roughly the same location too.The RV already has a dual exhaust with a crossover pipe and I think I should be able to weld them up to the collector flange with little trouble.I was planning on a little welding,some new pipe and new mufflers too.