Winnebago Bumper Pull

Started by rockrdude, April 21, 2016, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockrdude

Hey y'all. I didn't expect to find so much information on here about pull-behinds! I haven't been very active on here since I haven't had too much time to work on my '73 Brave. Anyway, I found this beauty today and I don't know if I can pass it up! The plaque on the side reads 217 1/2 T and the serial number reads 519. Does anyone have any ideas on what year this might be or what it might be worth? The people selling it think it's a 1966 and just towed it down from their folks' property to sell and don't know much about it. The exterior seems to be in solid shape and the interior seems to only need a new fridge, a little water damage repair, and the falling cabinets need some attention. They towed it down with a little Montero and said it pulls just fine. I have never seen one of these in person and I think I might just need to add it to my collection. There is one more on our local classified site about an hour north of here in poor shape for $1,300 (funny how they show up as soon as I show an interest), but I have no idea what the value is on these. They are asking $900 for this one and seem to be extremely negotiable on the price. I didn't inspect the water damage too thoroughly and I'm not sure if any appliances work. I sort of just eyeballed it today and took some photos to post on here! Any thoughts on dating this gem and links to projects related to them would be extremely helpful! I have the coach manual on my '73 Brave so I'm assuming that will be helpful in restoring this bumper pull. Thanks all!
Travelin' Gav

Mbarton557

I just bought a 1974 136 Winnebago bumper pull. Last tag was 2005 and sitting in a field full of Rodent poop. Fair condition considering. Needs all new upholstery, jack froze up, a REALLY DEEP cleaning and de-fragranceing, some wood work.  Plain Jain. $260.00
Mary Barton
Enid, OK
1973 Minnie Winnie and 1974 Model 136 tt. Also have a 2010 Via 25R

LJ-TJ

And I thought Jessy James was dead D:oH!

Rickf1985

PHEW! Man, that frame has got to be rough sitting buried in the dirt like that not to mention the floor. I wish you luck with it, gonna be a BIG project!

RickNC

It looks rough but one of my 20-something coworkers just rebuilt one like it from the axle up. Only thing she saved was the frame,skin, windows and some appliances. All new framing, floor and built-ins. She had never done anything like that before and it came out damn near perfect.

Rickf1985

The FRAME being the key part here.

khantroll

Man, it's certainly doable, and hopefully it's not that bad, but it's gonna be a lot of work. We had one member here (I forget his name) who was able to lift the body off the frame in his shop, repair the frame, and then repair the rotted areas at the bottom area of the body before bolting it all back together.

Best of luck man!

khantroll

RockrDude, this is just an opinion, but I think it looks a little newer then a 1966. Inspect the water damage very closely, but if it's with your ability to repair 900 or less seems like a very good deal to me.

WrigleysBraveWin

Would fit in perfect at a "Dead Concert"!
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!