New Guy From Saskatchewan

Started by johnson71301, March 11, 2016, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnson71301

Thanks for the add onto this forum. Have always had a thing for older vintage RVs. I am a prospective buyer of a Chevrolet Camper but I can't seem to find any information on it. My buddy who I'm picking it up from says its a 1967 Chevrolet 27ft Motorhome with the 4 speed standard and the 2 speed rear end. I have attached(at least I hope I attached it) a picture of it. I'm looking for the dimensions and weight to haul it home. Maybe some of you guys will recognize the model/year and can help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

TerryH

Not a lot of help here, but it has a strong resemblance to a mid to late 60's school bus-based frame conversion.
Small block GM with a 4 and 2 was common for school buses.
There was a company in Three Hills, Alta that did bus bodies with a few RV's by special order.
Can't remember the name right now, but I'll keep trying.
Good luck.
Looks nice.
MORE PICS please.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

joanfenn

I thought that it had the "school bus" look to it.

Froggy1936

67 sounds about right And the straight up flat Windsheild resembles a bus  My 1977 Mini Winnie looks about the same size and weighs 12000 lbs  Looks saveable if no major water damage to inside Good Luck Let us know your progress ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

johnson71301

I'm hoping its saveable. Kind of a rare unit to find. Don't see them that often. The buddy of mine told me to just come get it off his yard so the price is right. Said it runs and drives good and the interior is ok.

LJ-TJ

WOW! :)ThmbUp Great Score. Send more pictures. We'll get it figured out. Does look like and old school bus base. Once you get her home I sure you'll be able to find more on it. Love it.

M & J

M & J

TerryH

You may want to check the block cast no. online. Could very possibly be a 283. Lots of older small block chev parts are interchangeable.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

SLEETH

yep its a gm c50 with a split diff=had a 68 with a tilt&load
awesome  truck more then likely has a 327 but some had 366 in them / nice unit

Oz

That really is cool and I'm sure quite rare, if not one of a kind.  As far as savable?  Just about anything is depending on your time, money, and resourcefulness.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca