Help Identify Unknown Part (Cruise Control?)

Started by CoastalWinnebago, February 01, 2016, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoastalWinnebago

Hey all, been spending a lot of time under the Bago trying to get this gas tank hooked back up, and I discovered this strange item. Can you please help identify what it is?

It sits just under the passenger seat near the wheel well.  There is a "min and max" turn knob.  One wire runs to a support that has a sensor to read the axel revolutions (black line).  The other two lines run up to the instrument panel area. Also, there is a line (bicycle like with stainless steel cable inside a tube) that runs into the dog house that has some type of chain attachment on the end.  This chain attachment was not hooked to anything.

My guess is that this is a cruise control unit, and that the chain is somehow supposed to be attached to the carburetor linkage.  My turn signal has a cruise control switch, but it does not work.  Or is this perhaps some type of attachment for towing?

Rickf1985

The fact that it has a speed sensor tells me it is probably a cruise control.

SLEETH

yep a add-on cruise control=sometimes dealer installed/sometimes garage installed/back yard installed . did many of these insto's in the 80's when i worked for a dealer  ???

CoastalWinnebago

Thanks Sleeth.  Does the (bicycle like) cable somehow connect to the fuel linkage on the carburetor?  Im not interested in hooking it up, just want to know if there has been modifications to my fuel linkage area.  It looks normal to me, but Im not an expert. 

I had the carburetor cleaned and rebuilt recently, thats an older photo, much cleaner now.

SLEETH

hi,yes it does=but it appears the piece(it was a slipon/over) that ties it to the chain/cable is missing, your linkage is all in-tacked & is correct :)ThmbUp