Arizona, 2016

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, January 24, 2016, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Not much to report, other than building a lot of catapults and getting ready for this coming weekend, 2 student days next week, and then the following weekend.  Way warmer than usual for this time of year in Arizona.  Its been consistently in the 80s and sunny pretty much every day since the show started.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

Glad to hear everything is on an even keel (that's Navy talk).  Sometimes the same old, same old is better than the times when things are in an uproar. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

We survived student days...yay!  Well behaved kids this time, and good times were had by all.  And we managed to fill the stain rack with catapults for tomorrow, and obtained all necessary marshmallows. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

It was a very busy week catching up after student days, and it will be a busy day today.  Many catapults were made.  Hopefully it will be a nice and busy weekend!

Kev

HandyDan

So, how did the weekend go?  Still having good weather?  You haven't mentioned the pets in awhile.  How are they doing?
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

Perfect weather this weekend, and we did quite well.  It was the coolest weather so far, which was nice, although odd...lol!  And the fur babies are doing great!  They keep me in shape with their long walks...we can't let them run off leash here, what with the choilla cacti and possibility of rattle snakes.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Last weekend coming right up at the Arizona Renaissance Festival!  Then we are off to see the Grand Canyon finally...and then we'll be meandering out to Fayetteville, Arkansas for a one weekend Faire in the middle of April...and then back 80 miles to the Oklahoma Renfaire for the month of May. 

But today, finally, we are going shooting!  After I get my workers set up with what needs to be done in the workshop today of course.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Last weekend at the Arizona Renaissance Faire, coming right up!  On Monday through Thursday we'll be packing down everything and getting the RV and truck ready to travel, and then Patti is going to follow me up out of the valley in the K5 Blazer all the way to the Grand Canyon!  We are finally going to go see it!  Then we'll hook the truck to the RV and take I-40 all the way to our next show, a little one weekend deal in Fayetteville, AR, which is in the middle of April.  But that one is only 80 miles away from our show in Oklahoma, which is 5 weekends in May.  After that, its off to Ohio for a new event at the Ohio Renaissance Faire grounds, which is a highland festival...and then up to northern Ohio for the Great Lakes faire.  Busy busy!

Kev

HandyDan

If I can get away, I'm going to come visit at Fayetteville.  It is a 4 hour drive but I had a lot of fun at Muskogee a couple of years ago.  Fayetteville is a little closer, but not by much.
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

Yay!  Hope to see you there, or in Muskogee!

Kev

legomybago

Your going to love the Grand Canyon......Jealous. Don't let the Japanese/Chinese tourists push you off the cliff with there cameras....seriously.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

ClydesdaleKevin

The workshop is all packed down and stowed in a friend's booth, the Underhill pavilion that we use for sales is all packed down and stowed in the K5 Blazer, and everything is all cleaned up at both sites.  Gotta love my workers this year!  They had it all done, with my help, in less than 6 hours.  SWEET!  Not a heck of a lot to do, so we will easily get out of here by Friday and on the road to the Grand Canyon! 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Everything is done and we are ready to roll early tomorrow morning!  I still haven't fixed the windshield wipers, but coated them with Rain-X today just in case.  They work intermittently for a short time, so hopefully we won't have to use them on this trip.  I'm guessing its a wiring issue, or the relay is bad...or maybe even the motor is going bad.  I'll figure it out.

Tomorrow morning, after I hook up the truck, we'll be taking I-17 to Flagstaff, and then on to the Grand Canyon!  I was going to have Patti follow me in the Blazer, but its 200 miles...and the weather is supposed to be nice and cool again, in the low 70s.  I'll just tow the truck.  I always get nervous coming out of the valley, but we should be fine.

After seeing the Grand Canyon, we'll be driving on I-40 East to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and then back 80 miles to Muskogee, OK for the month of May.  Lets hope we don't get rained out every weekend like we did last year!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Patti was exhausted, so we delayed leaving for a day...so after my morning coffee, we are off!  Grand Canyon here we come!  Finally!!!

Kev

M & J

Remember Kevin, pics or it dint happen. Safe travels.
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

The Grand Canyon was amazing, and we are already over the Continental Divide in Milan, NM.  Tomorrow we are going to explore the ice caves and lava tube caves...and maybe even get right up to the Bandera Volcano!  I'll start a new thread about our spring vacation and post some pics when I get a more reliable internet connection.

Kev

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Looks like we are going to hit a little light rain today on the way to Amarillo, TX, from where we are in Edgewood, NM.  And the windshield wipers are still out of commission.  Ah well...I hope that Rain-X I coated the windshield with when we left Arizona does its job!

Kev

Rickf1985

Kevin, My wiper blades are very tight against the windshield (Odd for these from what I understand) and if the windshield is the slightest bit dry the motor will overheat and stop working. The wiper motors have a built in breaker so that if they overload they shut down till the breaker cools off. Make sure all of your pivot points are lubricated and if they are then the motor is probably giving up the ghost. The motors are available, I have a place bookmarked for them, don't have a clue where. :-[ :-[ :-[ I will look for you.
Found it!
I know the link is for the arm but the motors are in there also.
http://store.amequipment.com/windshield-wiper-arms-pantograph-arm-for-tapered-knurl-c-3_41.html

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks Rick!  I bookmarked if for future reference!  We made it as far as a rest stop a little past Groom, TX (where the giant cross is), on I-40, where we are staying the night.  Less than 200 miles to Oklahoma City.  We're trying to milk out the trip, since we can't arrive at the Arkanasas event until the 15th, but we are making good time.  The Rain-X worked great!

Kev

HandyDan

If you have some time to kill after you get to Fayetteville, spend a day and drive up to Bentonville (Home of Walmart) and visit the Crystal Bridges Art Museum.  It is free and well worth the visit.  You could, also, visit the very first Walmart on the square of Bentonville.  It is interesting, too, and, also free. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

The little fair in Fayetteville was fun and went off without a hitch...and the weather ended up being perfect.  It stormed something fierce last night though, and is still raining today.  After coffee, we'll be driving the last 89 miles to Muskogee and pulling into a campground for 5 days...the faire camping opens next Saturday.  When we get there, I'll create 2 new threads, Spring Vacation 2016, and Oklahoma 2016. 

Kev

Rickf1985

See you in Oklahoma, drive safe.

M & J

We lived in Fayetteville for about 6 - 7 years late 80's to early 90's. Beautiful area out there in the foothills of the Ozarks. Only place we like better is where we are now - far eastern Kentucky where the scenery is about the same without the turmoil from  the U of A (Go Hogs)and Wallyworld headquarters.
M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

Let me know when you plan on coming up, Rick!  I think this Faire gives us free passes to hand out!  I'll let you know for sure, but at the very least I can get you discounted passes.

Fayetteville is pretty!  We took Hwy 62 from there to Muskogee...lots of twists and turns up and down mountains, but nothing compared to out west...it was a beautiful drive.

We are now safe and sound in an RV park for 5 days until the Faire campground opens on Saturday. 

Kev