No outlets are working. - 72 d18 dodge - pics

Started by Thenoob, December 28, 2015, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenoob

Hey everyone

Finally getting around to my coach electrical and I don't know why my coach 110 outlets are not working, but I think I do?

When looking at my fuse panel on the end it's marked "12volt outlets" and no fuse, and no wiring going to anywhere.

Is this the reason? Or am I a stupidnoob (def possibility) as I haven't figured out to turn them on.  I've used my multimeter and haven't gotten anything from any of them.  Any guidance would be awesome!!

M & J

In looking at the picture it appears the main breakers are off.
M & J

Rickf1985

I agree, the 110 main is either tripped or shut off. The 12 volt fuse has nothing to do with it and that circuit does not exist anyway so no fuse in it. If the main will not turn on it is tripped, turn it all the way off and then on. If it trips right away you have a dead short, do not keep trying.

M & J

I'm having a hard time reading the labels but the bottom breaker is labeled generator. I can't make out the label on the top but it may be the panel is being used as a manual transfer switch.
What are the top breakers labeled on the right side of them? Main something Supply?
M & J

DRMousseau

I'm gonna ask what AC source you are using. Shore-line? or generator?

You'll notice that all but the single upper left breaker work in unison together thru that "white connector bridge" of the breakers. That single upper left is the breaker for all your outlets. This will always be in the "ON" position. The breakers that work in unison thru the "bridge", are the mains.

Your photo shows that you appear to be set for Shore power use. If your shoreline is plugged in to a source,... you should have AC power to all your outlets.

You turn the upper one "ON" if connected to shore power. This will shut off the lower generator breakers. If the upper breaker set is on, you will not get any power from your genny when it's running.

If your running the genny, you turn the lower ones "ON", and it will shut off the upper "110 Shore" mains. You will not have power from the 110 Shore-line if these lower breakers are "ON".

The Glass Fuse Block is only for the DC system,.... lights, blower motors, water pump, etc. And you said you have no power to any of them??? It appears that you have TWO heater furnaces,... right?? That seems unusual for an 18' Brave as I would think that only one furnace heater is present. The empty fuse spaces are for optional DC outlets and electric toilet pump that are not installed. The one marked "Comp." is for the water system air compressor or the 12V water pump, whichever may be installed. None of these fuses affect any AC use.

I also noticed a switch on the converter box. This may be why you have no power to the DC fuses. I'm thinkin' your converter doesn't have "automatic switching". If this is the case, and you are not using any AC sources of the shoreline or genny, this switch may have to be in the "Battery" position, as the pic shows, in order for lights and other DC equipment to operate. Of course you need a good "house battery". I can't tell what the other position is, but it may be a "Charge" or "Convert" position that supplies DC power AND charges the house battery when an AC source is present and used. Can you tell us more of your converter??? Battery condition? And AC sources being used???
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

HandyDan

Now, I'm going to ask some obvious questions, so don't get upset.  1.  Are you plugged into shore power, or are you running off the generator?  2. When you say you aren't getting any 110 output, where and what are you trying to turn on?  3.  Have you cycled the circuit breakers?   
From what I can see (I blew your pictures up) everything is set as it should be.  The Main CBs should be in the down position and the GEN CBs should be in the down position if you are running on shore power.  If you are on generator, the GEN CBs should be clicked up.  I am not familiar with your converter box, but it shows you are charging the battery.  I believe if you want to have 12vts in the cabin you need to switch that to CONV.  I could be wrong about that.  My rig doesn't work that way. 
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Thenoob

Got Ér figured out

As a stupidnoob we all explore the new found questions and seek answers, a little bit of trial and error I found out where I've been screwing up.

I have no generator in my coach so I wheeled over the Honda eu3000 that I use for my food trucks and boom were in business.

See here was my train of thought, I thought the "12voltpower" switch on my dash would give me power to my outlets but negative.  Didn't know I actually had to be in shore power, problem solved.  On to the next lol.  Thanks guys, you are all what makes this site awesom

legomybago

A lot of the times it's the simple things...... Hm?
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Thenoob

Yup now it's time to reframe this roof.
Enough with the crappy muti Seam aluminum