Waste not, want not.

Started by Rickf1985, December 26, 2015, 06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

I hate to throw out something that someone else could use. I have hundreds of National Geographic magazines and I have to get rid of them. I tossed all of my regular mags but these have a lot more educational content than an ordinary magazine. I really hate to throw them in recycle if someone can use them. Do any of you guys know of charities or schools that would want them?

joanfenn

advertise them on Craigs list there.  Some one might want them for some thing

joanfenn

Oh and apparently they sell them on ebay also.

ClydesdaleKevin

Yep!  Ebay!!!  Make some money from them, and they buyer pays the shipping.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Unless there really old, really,really old. There not worth much. Sorry. I agree with you Rick I don't ever throw books out. Just drop them off at Good Will, Salvation Army maybe Senior Citizens Home or even a used book store. Hm?

DRMousseau

I might be interested in a years worth of 1987's,... I think it'd be a nice classic addition to the reading corner of the '87 Cruise Air II!!!

I remember reading these in grandma's Airstream when I was a kid. LoL!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

Rickf1985

I will see what I have year wise but I kind of want to get rid of all of them at once.

DRMousseau

Dang,... and I got a gas furnace!!! Cant even burn 'em to keep warm in here. And I'm thinkin the nice weather is gonna move quickly into something more like freezing!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

LJ-TJ

Hey Doc you could us them insulation.

DRMousseau

Was wondering if they'd make a good biodegradable walkway thru the mud and slop. Still kinda waitin' for winter here to freeze it all up a bit. Jus ANYTHING to keep from tracking all the yuck indoors!!! You know,... jus shuffle a page off now and then when they get dirty!!! LoL!!! An Adventurer's walkway!!!

Can ya make juice with 'em??? You know,.... ferment 'em a little, and run 'em thru the pot! Put a little in the gas,... a little in the drains,... mmmm, better check my radiator too.
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

M & J

Why not just take them to the library Rick. Or Goodwill, homeless shelters. VA hospital. Figured you should get back to some sensible uses.
M & J

Rickf1985

Yes, the idea is to put them in the hands of people who will use them for educational use. I am going to contact the librarian from the college I worked at when they come back in the new year and see what she suggests. They were getting rid of books due to people just not reading anymore. Sad. I refuse to give anything to Goodwill! Are you aware that the owner of Goodwill is a Billionaire? Everything you give to them for free they sell for profit, where do you think that money goes? Charity? yea, his pocket charity! Their shtick is that they create jobs for the homeless in their stores, they do, at minimum wage or less. Every bit of profit above that very low overhead goes to the boss. If I donate it goes to AmVets.

Rickf1985

Doc, If I wanted to see them trashed I would simply put them in the recycle bin outside my door. I do not just try to help people on here, I do this for everybody.

Froggy1936

Rick a few yrs back I sold 40 yrs of American Rifleman on e bay .10c each 1 guy bought them all Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DRMousseau

Yes, I do understand, Rick. And I do hope someone might desire them as you hope. I know I've enjoyed them in the past.

And now I jus might keep my eye out for '87 issues of travel magazines and such, that might feature an ad or an article of the "New" Cruise Air II by Georgie Boy!!! LoL!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor