77 cruise air height?

Started by jeachen, December 25, 2015, 08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeachen

I need to know how tall my 77 georgie boy cruise air is.  Its the 28 footer. Built on dodge M500 chassis. Has 2 roof AC units.  Need to know height and im out of town
1977 Georgie Boy Cruise Air 28 footer, 440, 727, 35k miles

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sorry, the only reference I know of is the 77 Cruise Air owners manual and it is not listed in there.
[move][/move]

DRMousseau

I have an '87, 34' Cruise Air II,... jus stepped out and it measures 10' to the roofline with another 12-13" for the AC,... for a total of 11' plus an inch or two maybe.

DAMN, it got cold, frosty and SLICK up there on the roof tonight!!!!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

jeachen

1977 Georgie Boy Cruise Air 28 footer, 440, 727, 35k miles

kansascat

My 79 30' cruise air is just under 10'6" to top of a/c units but its on the P30 GM chassis.

DRMousseau

Now I'm wonderin' if there's a slight difference between those models with, and without the "raised-floor". I'm not really sure the "raised-floor" wasn't the only available model in the longer lengths.

Since we each have a model of different length, and so little info is available,... I'd be rather interested knowing a bit more about such details.

Mine specifically, is an '87 "raised-floor", 34' Cruise Air II on a John Deere chassis powered by a Ford 460. I'm unsure of the GVWR as I've found no plate inside yet, and little other info, other than a study by The University of Michigan for John Deere regarding the same specific model that I call home.

http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/783/77323.0001.001.pdf;jsessionid=51FAF5F6AED1B4A30502260B307A6476?sequence=2

They stated a total vehicle weight of 14,340lbs with the rather sluggish handling of a truck although softer than most. I found it to drive rather nicely for it's age!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

kansascat

I am guessing the raised floor or basement models are all going to be taller overall. My 30' is not basement or raised floor. We just bought a hail damaged 91 holiday rambler imperial 33' to rebuild and sell  and it is a basement storage model and it sits 2' taller to its a/c clearance height.

joanfenn

I think that the easiest way to do it is to get out there and measure the height yourself then you know for sure.  Is there a standard height to these RVs with the different tires, shocks, springs, airbags, fuel load, water, septic, food etc etc etc. ?  What am I missing here? i??

DRMousseau

Your missing nothing really,... the Georgie Boy series was available in standard and "raised-floor" models, and I had responded to the OP with an assumption that he too, had a similar "raised-floor" model as I have. My assumption did not consider that there may be significant difference in clearance height between the two. I ALWAYS physically measure my clearance,... I wanna know exactly what I got!!!

All three of these are on different chassis' and suspensions, though I don't really think there would be a great variation here. Kansascat did note that his standard model IS a half-foot or more, less than my "raised-floor" model,... assuming similar AC heights. Nothing really special, but interesting to note. I sometimes feel I'm living in an "upper apartment", on wheels, as floor height is significantly higher.

I was surprised to note that my ol' Winnebago Brave was also the same height as my Cruise Air II, even with MUCH smaller tires and much lower floor level. While the Cruise Air II is maybe "sluggish" in handling, it IS stable and comfortable, even at highway speeds. Quite unlike the Brave which was scary at any speed and rolled heavily at every turn, although rather snappy in handling,... due to shorter wheelbase, no doubt. Although my Brave was heavily loaded and much weight was rather highly placed, in comparison.

My inquiries of Georgie Boy differences were nothing more than personal curiosity. 
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor