"Deck the Huts!!!"

Started by DRMousseau, December 20, 2015, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRMousseau

Thought I'd add a bit for the Grandkids!

Who else "Decks it Out" for the Holidays???

Although this pic was jus last week, it's been in the low teens lately with jus a bit of snow and LOTS of freezing!!! Bedroom furnace quit last night,... made it DANG chilly this morning!!! It's so cold, that my water hose froze solid in jus 20min of layin on the ground!!! I only got my tank half full when I shut the water off,... thought I had leak or busted line somewhere. When I turned the hose back on, NOTHIN!!! It's coiled up in the bathroom tub, thawing out so I can drain it. Oh ya,... froze my grey water drain hose too!!! In The Winter Wonder Land,... ya wonder what winter's gonna freeze next!!!

Jus three more weeks till I head to the sunny Emerald Coast of Florida!!!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

DaveVA78Chieftain

Is that going to be your new Avatar?
[move][/move]

LJ-TJ

Hey Doc! That's quit the up grade. D:oH! :)ThmbUp

DRMousseau

ehhh,... why not!?! At least for the Holidays,...

I've been pretty sentimental of the ol' Winnebago,... a Classic, cozy, cabin/cottage on wheels.

But a New Year is arriving! And I AM, lookin' forward to some new adventures in my new, comfy, rolling, apartment home!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

LJ-TJ

Apartment, apartment! How about a rolling condo. :)rotflmao However you got to like the extra room? :)ThmbUp

DRMousseau

I live and travel alone, and the extra space and comfort is GREAT,... always room for guests! A reclining sofa for naps is the nicest luxury, next to the tub and heated bathroom,.. oh and AC! The extra GVWR and storage space also gives me LOTS more room for important extras (like tons of fishin' tackle, rods, gold pans and sluices, hip boot and shovels), PLUS an increased load of the standard equipment!!! Yup, I kinda like it! And extra space to make Holiday cookies, fudge, and candies!!!

However I have no office nor library,... you know, the standard condo stuff. LMAO!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Froggy1936

Be Carefull of those hot bulbs on that ice cold glass ! Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DRMousseau

Heck that's what keepin' the glass warm and frost free!!!!! LoL!!!

Those lights are actually inside, and I worry more of damaging my fancy pleated shades. The wires are actually "TAPED" to the glass with squares of  "Gorilla" brand duct tape!!!! I didn't want to scrape the nice anodized window frames with clips, of any sort, nor did I want any tape residues or adhesives on 'em, didn't want other mountings in the walls or anything either. I had to clean the glass real good with alcohol jus to get the tape to stick to the cold glass. And cleaning such tape residue from the glass is MUCH easier.

The "icicle lights" outside are hung with a simple hook from the edge of the rain gutter, and plugged into that fancy outdoor outlet on the RV.

"The Christmas Moose" was a gift from my mom, several years back,... the first time I've ever had that ugly thing out!!! "Center Stage", he's highlighted by the two center courtesy/map lights. Since I keep the chassis battery on a regulated charger when parked for long periods,.. so its not draining it down as it normally would otherwise.

And hung about inside, are bows and boughs of fir,... a string of lights across the front bunk too. The widow lights brighten things up softly at night. I light it up at sunset,.... and unplug it all when I go to sleep for the night. I'm about 50' off the road and parallel to it,... an unusual sight for others when passing by I suppose.

I'm not much for the "glampy" canopy lights and such during the summer season. Although I hang a humming bird feeder on the canopy corner from June-Oct, where ever I am,... it seems they always find it, and it's nice.

But I'm surprised no else decks it up for the Holidays???? Anybody?? Even if its jus sittin in the drive for the winter???? DANG!!! I thought I'd see some pics here???
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor