Looking for a 12v Dc tv...

Started by bnlfan, December 19, 2015, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnlfan

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a 12V Dc flat screen tv for my RV.  If anyone has seen or knows of a brand that makes one, please let me know.

I am getting my rig ready for full time living next year and I am putting it to 100% solar with battery bank.  So, I would like to use as many DC appliances as I can.  I will have a 120V inverter but I don't want to waste power if I can keep from it.

Thanks.
Bnlfan

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

HandyDan

Every time I go to a truck stop I usually see at least one 12vt tv for sale. 
Dan
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

DRMousseau

Surprisingly, there's a lot of smaller (<24") LCD TV's that use a "12V power supply",... mine is a 12V 19" Insignia, and I'm STILL using that power supply.

I jus went to the "big box stores" and looked at the back of those that interested me,... and picked one with a 12V supply plugged in!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

Froggy1936

Hmmm That is the way to go $85.00 to $200.00 range There is always the 110 V to 12 V adaptors if necc   :)ThmbUp  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

DRMousseau

Yup,... think I paid $129, and it has a built-in DVD player. Still got a Blue-Ray nearby, and don't use that built-in one much.

Takes a good bit of bumpin' around too,.... heck, it survived the ol' Winnebago fallin' on it's side!!!! With no problems for over a year now,... it's certainly been worthwhile!
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

bluebird

I had one of these in my Challenger. http://www.ebay.com/itm/230748312085?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Used it in my bedroom too, but let it go when I sold the coach. It had great picture but the audio wasn't great, good enough for me. Probably buy another for the daybreak bedroom. We used it at the track so my son could watch football with out running the generator. There are many others out there that has a brick to go from 120 vac  to dc, but that don't mean they will work in a RV. I wouldn't buy one of those unless the manufacture included a car cord for it or advertised for use with one, because of the voltage fluctuations.

TerryH

Below is what I use. I tend more to DVD's than TV and this has a built in DVD player. One less thing to find a spot for.
Audio volume seems to be a common complaint with the smaller flat screens - speakers are commonly at the back of the TV. A cheap way to overcome this is with powered computer speakers. Mine are USB powered so they simply plug into the TV. Volume is far more than I'll ever need - I hope.
I moved mine from the standard location to mid coach mounted to the hanging locker with an articulating and tilting mount. Wiring, including speakers is all hidden with the majority running in the cupboard false bottoms.
The mount I use has a pin and socket between the TV and wall portions. The way I use it, when travelling, I simply unplug connections at the TV, lift it off the wall mount and lay it on the bed. Simple and quick. Easy enough to make a socket to shift it into the bedroom when desired.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/24-LED-WIDESCREEN-1080P-HDTV-TV-MONITOR-WITH-DVD-PLAYER-DIGITAL-TUNER-/181786940448?hash=item2a53589420

Terry
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

tntwardell

I got a 19in at walmart for 99.00 and a 32 insigna at best buy 149.00 both work great with no problems with  the cigarette plug.