Winter Vacation, 2015-16

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, November 30, 2015, 08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

Ours is inside. Never freezes.
M & J

Rickf1985

I have to laugh, I remember lounging in a hot tub at a friends shore house on the Outer Banks in January in a snowstorm and it was GREAT! Yes, it was outside on the deck. The problem is you have to get out sometime!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? The door is around on the other side of the house, this is on the second floor. Running like a couple wet idiots barefoot across a snow covered, wind blown 19 degree deck yelling COLD, COLD, COLD. :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Stimulating to say the least.

joanfenn

Keith uses ours year round.  And yes the old boy can run in -40. :)rotflmao

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  I told ya I wasn't going to bore you with the details of the restful part of our vacation.  Not a lot to tell.  Hot tub of course.  Hanging out with Patti.  Playing with the pups and taking them on lots of long walks...and keeping Karli, now in heat again, from making more pups.  I did install the new bowtie and fan assembly in the Fantastic vent...easy peasy and drops right in.  Also had to replace the hose pressure regulator again...it seems that I only get about a year out one before I have to replace them.  And probably going to take Patti to see 13 hours later today or tomorrow.  I also have to run out to the post office and mail out one of my vape mods that I sold on eBay to finance a new vape atty that I wanted, an authentic Kayfun V4.  And that's it. 

We'll be leaving here on Saturday to get to the Arizona Renaissance Faire, a short 110 mile trip. 

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Quote from: joanfenn on January 19, 2016, 11:06 AM
Keith uses ours year round.  And yes the old boy can run in -40. :)rotflmao

I don't know if I have ever been in -40?! I know I have been in -30 and I sure as hell cannot picture bare wet skin in that temp!!!! Instant ice and frostbite! I can't picture the electric bill to keep it heated in that temp!! D:oH! N:( W%

Kevin, How has the weather been out your way? I hope a little warmer than Joan. I at least made it up to a blazing 23 with a wind chill of 6 today. I KNEW we were going to pay for that warm December. Ten inches of snow coming and you know what? I DON'T HAVE TO PLOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEE- HAW! First time in 50 years I will not be looking at the back of a plow. :)clap :)clap :)clap

M & J

M & J

ClydesdaleKevin

High 50s during the day, low 30s at night.  But sunny and dry, so it feels more like the mid 60s during the day.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Elandan2

Hey Mike,  -40° C IS -40° F !!
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

M & J

Hey! That's amazing! But it was still celcius....  lol :)
M & J

joanfenn

ClydesdaleKevin

Another lazy day project for today:  At some point, I'm going to take all the keys in our key basket and organize them.  Its pretty ridiculous. 

Kev

HandyDan

No it isn't ridiculous.  My motorhome came with a whole ring full of keys and I had no idea what half of them open.  I was afraid to discard them for fear I would come across some lock that needed a key.  However, by now I think I have opened everything I need.  Time to organize the keys!  (plus, it's too cold to do anything else!)
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

legomybago

I have a large glass beer mug that I keep all the old keys I have acquired since I can last remember....I have no idea what these hundred or so keys go to...most of them are for the many old cars and trucks I've owned, but with no documentation...Why we hold on to keys??  Hm?
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

Froggy1936

Sorry but -40o celcius is only -8o farenheite  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

ClydesdaleKevin

LOL!  Keys are all organized...but I still didn't throw any away.  I took all the extra keys, organized on their own keychains, that we rarely use, use at other shows, spare keys, or that I have no idea what they are for, and put them all on one big keychain, and in the bottom drawer in the kitchen.  Just in case I need one someday?  The basket is now organized with just keys we use and can identify, on just 4 keychains:  Mine, Patti's, the RV's, and a key to the booth in Arizona where we store our stuff.

Kev

Rickf1985

Being a locksmith I have hundreds of keys with no homes, but here is a little secret. There are a lot of keys out there that open multiple locks so if you have a lock with no key try some of those keys. If it goes in wiggle it around a bit while lightly turning and a lot of times it will open the lock. There are also only so many combinations of four pin tumblers so if you have a Master lock and 20 Master keys there is a fair chance that one of those keys will fit the lock correctly. Most utility locks and common padlocks are four pin.

ClydesdaleKevin

Today is the last day of vacation.  After my coffee kicks in, we'll be driving the last 110 miles and parking the rig in our spot at the Faire.  After we batten down and hook up the truck of course. 

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Safe and uneventful trip to Gold Canyon, AZ, and we are in our camp spot, all hooked up.  Thus endeth this chapter!

Kev

Rickf1985

Hallelujah! Thanks for staying in touch this winter Kev. Look forward to you have a more profitable year this year and hopefully meeting you this year.