Winter Vacation, 2015-16

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, November 30, 2015, 08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

We have a hot tub. We wanted to invite friends over for some adult beverages and relaxation in it. The store said choose carefully. Just think about who you'd want to take a bath with... Wasn't as appealing as we thought. Public pool is one thing, public hot tub? No amount of bromine would make me feel safe.
M & J

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

ClydesdaleKevin

Doesn't bother me at all.  My immune system...strong like bull!!!  Besides, I've never seen anyone else here use it.  Campground is way emptier than last year since the copper mine shut down and laid everybody off.  They are opening a new mine, but not until 2018.

It amazes me how smart German Shepherds are.  Not only did the dogs remember this campground and EXACTLY where the dog play area is, they remember which campsite had a dog last year.  3 of which are still here...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Looking at your shepherds and they look exactly like mine. Shorter stocky legs. My previous shepherd had real long legs and a sloping back.
And you even get a bonus, me with short hair! That was three years ago. Doesn't happen too often. N:(

ClydesdaleKevin

Nice looking dogs!  The light colored one reminds me of a Malinois.  Beautiful!!! 

I ordered the new Fantastic Fan fan assembly...so when it gets here, I can get the kitchen vent fan sorted out. 

A trip to the post office to mail out 3 catapults is on the agenda today...but other than that, its a doggy day!  Playtime and walks...their favorite things!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

M & J

M & J

DRMousseau

(DANG! Wish I could grow hair again! Can't even keep what I got anymore!)

Glad y'all made it safe and are enjoyin' everything. I've often thought of trailing a small, nice, permanently mounted hot tub behind the RV. You know, a li'l trailer of luxury,.... a 110V circulating system with enclosed propane heater, aux water pump (for various sources of water supply). Easily run from inverter or genny, and heating fuel from RVs bulk propane tank. Could probably rent it out to folks like you, and others here and there, with a portable 20lb LP tank. Still workin' on a design here,... jus a thought right now.

Looks like I'll have "rider's" for my 1200mi trip next week to Florida. A blue-collar couple and their pair of companions are relocating to a new contract job in FL. This will make my journey rather "unusual", as I typically make this trip alone. Looking forward to guests,... and dogs too.
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

Rickf1985

Congrats Kevin, Right on the money with the Malinios, Most people do not have a clue what a Malinois is. No Mike, that was several years ago. And before that is the pic in my avatar. Hey Doc, I hope the riders are paying for the gas for the trip, that makes it real nice.

ClydesdaleKevin

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Kev

DRMousseau

Rider's are being quite generous in their offer, Rick,.... as a contractor, they've haven't owned or needed a personal vehicle for many, many years. He wasn't looking forward to a $1000+ one-way vehicle rental AND the added expenses of fuel, lodging, and such. I was only looking to help another while hoping to defray my fuel costs even if jus a tiny bit,... SS alone is a bit limiting, and at an expected 5mpg, my 1200mi excursion could be quite taxing, even at $2 a gallon for fuel. This is a win-win benefit for all and I do have plenty of room and comforts.

BTW Kevin,.... how was YOUR mileage???
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

ClydesdaleKevin

Right around 5mpg until I replaced the ignition components...then it seemed to be back to its normal 7mpg.

Kev

DRMousseau

Thanks,... nice to know.

I'm expecting much the same from the 460 in the 34' Cruise Air II,... and hoping it's closer to that 7 rather than the 5!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Rickf1985

Wish for 7 but budget for 5, 460's were never known as good mileage motors. They were torque monsters but not all that good for mileage. I had a pickup with a 460, got 10 MPG whether it was empty or pulling a 12,000 lb. trailer. 10 MPG, all the time.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quotemy 1200mi excursion could be quite taxing, even at $2 a gallon for fuel

Gas price for regular is $1.75 locally here in northern VA.  Gets little cheaper farther south
[move][/move]

DRMousseau

Oh I'm definitely budgeting for 5mpg!!! AND at the $2 a gallon here!! I got a 90gal tank, so only a partial fill to get me where is it's a bit less,... then a full fill that will get me to those southern states where I'll fill again. Then top it off jus before the N FL border, where prices again jump .30-.40 to nearly $2.

Jus 1mpg improvement can be a 40gal savings on fuel over this trip,... hoping for 6mpg overall!!! And 7 will be a delightful Blessing, with a 70gal savings!!! Of course I gotta keep my foot outa the throat of that big block Ford,... and that's always been a bit tough for me, hehehe. I do tend to be easier with passengers though.
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

ClydesdaleKevin

Not much to report.  Fantastic Fan assembly is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  I found an AWESOME pizza joint here in Safford, AZ that was founded by the aunt and uncle of a High School friend of mine in Connecticut, and the pizza is AMAZING!  Best pizza we've had in YEARS...Connecticut/New England Greek style.  Yum!  Playing with the dogs, lots of walks, Star Wars.  Just having a relaxing vacation!

Kev

HandyDan

Good to hear things are going well.  What was your opinion of Star Wars?  I loved it but it was like watching the original all over again.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

We really enjoyed it!  The story line was similar to the first, but had the feel of the original three movies, unlike the last three.  It was fun!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

It was Patti's birthday today, and I bought her a new stereo/CD player for the RV that I am going to install for her in the oak door I made in the dash where the TV used to be.  That will not only place it where she can reach it, but will free up the space that old stereo was taking up for 3 more gauges, which will include a vacuum gauge.  It also...thankfully...has an earphone jack on the front of it, since we have extremely different tastes in music...lol!

And the new fan/bowtie assembly finally came in today for the Fantastic Fan vent, which is something I will also be installing this week.

Kev

joanfenn

So the stereo was more of a present for you with the earphone jack in the front where Patti can easily reach it Hm?   How sweet N:( .  Happy Birthday Patti :)ThmbUp

ClydesdaleKevin

Nah.  The existing stereo hasn't worked since we bought this rig.  She's been saying she wanted one for a long while.

Kev

Rickf1985

Because she can't stand your music!

Happy Birthday Patti. :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp

HandyDan

It's freezing here in Missouri.  I need to hear about Arizona and deserts and hot tubs.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

Rickf1985

His hot tub froze! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

HandyDan

LOL. If I had one it would have froze.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star