Kaiser Engineering NO REAM kingpin kits

Started by Arberg0, November 29, 2008, 09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michigan_Don

Sent: 5/1/2005 10:50 PM

Dunno if you guys had stumbled onto these or not, so I wanted to come over here and make a big time recommendation.

If you've been reluctant to shell out for the labor to have someone else do replace your worn out king pins, and you also didn't want to fork out big bux for a set of reamers that you will only use one time, well now you don't have to! Kaiser Engineering company offers a king pin kit with a spiral steel bushing that screws into the axle bores. NO REAMING REQUIRED! They actually had them for my '72 M400 chassis. Not sure if they're available for everything or not though. I just replaced mine with the help of an old-school truck mechanic who was VERY skeptical of them at first. Now he says he won't use anything else! Check 'em out:

http://www.benzspring.com/parts/kingpin/page2.html

I wish everyone here a great summer and good luck on any and all projects.

Don

Is there any advantage over a nylon bushing? Nylon seems to last almost forever and requires no reaming either. Nylon may slip together even easier I would think. My right side is just getting marginal after 33 years and I'm thinking of going the nylon route if I can find some available.

Regards,

Robert Donley
Jenison, MI

Chief Crazy Canoe

Arberg0 -

Know this is an old thread...surprised no one has really chimed in on these!

Have you had good luck with your new (then) kingpins?

Do you remember which part number they sold you?  I'm looking at our chassis info - my chassis tag shows M400 -(1972 Chieftain) but since it has 5 lug wheels makes it an M375....so goofy back then!

I may fork out the dough if this set was easy to install and has proven successful!

Thanks so much - awaiting your reply!

Rickf1985

I hope he replies but he has not been active here since April of 2013.

legomybago

We use to use no ream brass bushings in our Mack dump trucks...they worked great....just dont let your king pins get so bad that the axle bore gets out-of-round, expencive to have them re-bored.
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]