73 Brave brake distribution block diagram

Started by RickHolz, November 14, 2015, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickHolz

Can someone please tell me which brake line goes to what port opening?  I made the mistake of not labeling or a photo before putting on new lines.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

RickHolz

Thank you very much, you saved the day. Rick

RickHolz

My valve is shaped like the top, but I only have 1 booster system like the bottom 72-73 which shows a different style valve, Still confused.

Rickf1985

All that is is a distribution block and warning light, the side with three lines will be the front and the other side with two lines will be the rear. The position of the lines in the block really does not matter but the old lines should fall into their old holes. If you are running new lines as long as you keep them matched as mentioned then run them the easiest way to you.

RickHolz

Still abit confused could you look at my picture with numbers and tell me which number corresponds with each line.  Front mc, back mc , rear, rt front and left front. Thank you for your help, Rick

Rickf1985

1 and 5 would be the rears and 2,3 and 4 would be the fronts. It does not really matter what hole the lines go in since all it is doing is splitting the fluid direction, the pressure is not changing in the block. Whatever is easiest for you to bend to go in the direction you need to go in will dictate the port you use out the the three available for the fronts. I would personally bring the line in from the end and go out to each wheel from the top and bottom. In the picture it shows the line from the master coming in the top and going to the left front from the offset one. You do not have the offset so if you want to duplicate the diagram come in the top and go to the left front from the back. On the rears it shows the line in on top and out from the back, You would have to move the plug to the bottom to duplicate that configuration. If you do that be sure the plug is a double flare plug. I personally would just go out the bottom.

RickHolz

Thank you, what a great help. The mystery is solved. Rick