Forum change

Started by M & J, October 04, 2015, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Wow!  It looks like the blood of a thousand Smurfs was used to color the page today...lol!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Oz

Getting a variety of responses.  The icons are a bummer.   I liked the board icons I chose, and the stacked sub boards too, but those were modifications which apparently don't work with this updated version.  Always hate updates because, just when I get it close to the way I like it... poof!

The last brown/yellow theme is fully visible, with correct text sizing to me and at least some of us.  All I did was substitute sepia versions of the blue images which comprise the backgrounds you see.  I recall from previous updates that it didn't all appear that way, right away. 

Still working on getting the gallery back up.

I will add a new, supported gallery, and new photos should be added there.  I'll do what I can to move all the existing ones to it, and that will be maybe a year's worth of work, at least.  And, embedded photo links will be broken until I re-connect them with the new gallery. 

The old gallery will also appear as soon as I fix it, but I'll see if I can make it so the photos are visible, but no new ones can be added.

Sometimes, my job can be a bit of a drag since I'm far from a computer geek,  but I do it because I enjoy vintage RVs and even more, this community of insane people who do too!

Also working on the Gear Box.  That's a very unusual issue.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Oz

Okay, the blue, basic format with small text has finally caught up to me, and I instantly realized why.  I'll have some work to do to restore it to its former color scheme, text size, and see about a couple, minor but nice things that are missing.

Overall, I think the forum is processing faster though.

M & J

Only the header banner and the center pane on the home page are the original colors that I see Mark. Maybe the buttons once selected, not sure there. And the emoticons sure do look weird.

Gear Box looks like the Emergency shout box did.
M & J

Oz

Just back to the basic forum theme.  I did a number of mods and CSS changes, I just have to do them all again now.

M & J

No hurry. It all works. Everyone's withdrawal symptoms have subsided.

We appreciate your efforts sir.
M & J

xerofall

Quote from: M & J on October 05, 2015, 06:28 PM
Not enough contrast for these old eyes. And the font on this scheme seems smaller.

Are you using Google Chrome as your browser? If so, hold down the CTRL key and scroll your mouse button up, it will enlarge the text on any webpage you want.

M & J

I'm using a Samsung tablet. But thanks..
M & J

Rickf1985

I was all hyped up because the sub titles are back on the forums again and then I realized that it is back to locking up again. Took forever for a gearbox post to go through and took probably 15 tries to get this post in, so far.
Here is the error.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Rickf1985

I was all hyped up because the sub titles are back on the forums again and then I realized that it is back to locking up again. Took forever for a gearbox post to go through and took probably 15 tries to get this post in, so far.
Here is the error.

Rickf1985

Here is the error.

I am up to 20 tries.

tiinytina

Mine's all sliver still and gear box posts vanish after send and don't appear... ah well. gremlins
Hi from Gone to the Dawgs! 1987 Tiffin Allegro in Deale MD. CW Rocks!!!

Rickf1985

Gear box sends, just takes a loooong time sometimes.

xerofall

Quote from: M & J on October 07, 2015, 06:39 AM
I'm using a Samsung tablet. But thanks..

No prob... I have all my websites set to 125% haha... my eyes are bad.

M & J

For some reason this morning page loads were timing out Rick. I logged off about the time you were getting on.
M & J

Rickf1985

I figured I would let mark know so that he would know that whatever he did the night before seems to have slowed things down drastically. It is fine right now at lunchtime.