North Carolina, 2015

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, September 28, 2015, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

I'm planning on keeping around and updating...lol!  How much depends on the levels of adventures we are having.  I'm not one of those blokes that is going to bore you with, "Woke up today...took the dogs out...had breakfast...watched TV...took the dogs out...had lunch...soaked in the hot tub...exercised the dogs...had dinner...watched TV...went to bed" on a daily basis.  :D

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Nope, DON'T need to hear about the hot tub! W% :)rotflmao

joanfenn

I can't get that picture out of my mind ???

Rickf1985

Well, you are getting a new fly fishing pole, you could practice your casts. ??? :D :)rotflmao

joanfenn

No they are for my hubby.  He has had a rough year. 

ClydesdaleKevin

BRRRRRRRRR its cold out today!  Heavy frost on everything, even in the sun.  Lots to do to get out of here by Friday or Saturday at the latest.  Its supposed to be dry and sunny all week, but rain on Sunday.  And this place turns into a mud pit when it rains.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Rickf1985

Fly fishing is something I want to get into now that I am retired but it is just too built up around here. No small streams or ponds worth going to. During fishing season anyplace there is water there are a hundred wannabe fisherman crowding the shores. Not my idea of relaxation.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on November 24, 2015, 09:22 AM
Fly fishing is something I want to get into now that I am retired but it is just too built up around here. No small streams or ponds worth going to. During fishing season anyplace there is water there are a hundred wannabe fisherman crowding the shores. Not my idea of relaxation.

When I used to trout fish all the time, I had a telescoping rod and reel, and would use my mountain bike to get WAY deep into the woods.  There are always paths next to good trout streams, but only the most die hard of fishermen would walk out as far as I would go with the bicycle.  I always came home with my limit.

I also used my mountain bike a LOT for deer hunting.  Bag your deer, and then drape it across the seat and handlebars to push it out of the woods and into the bed of your truck.

I miss fishing and hunting.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

All my stock is packed up and the booth all cleaned out...but I had to raise the tent sidewalls and tablecloths and hang them out of the way since they were still damp.  I'm going to let it stay that way until Friday to dry up, and then pack it away for the off season.  Tomorrow I'll be finishing the repairs on the A-Frame, and then moving the workshop into it, and tarping it all off to store for the rest of the year.  On Friday I'll have everything all packed and ready to go by the end of the day, and then we hit the road Saturday morning to St Marys, GA to visit my sis for a week or so in her driveway...where I'll change the oil and filters in the RV, fix the genny muffler, and knock out a few other projects before heading west to Arizona.

Almost vacation time!

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I got up early and got the duck started in the crockpot (yep, we're having duck this year instead of turkey...lol!).  Once my coffee kicks in, I'll be out to the A-Frame to finish it up, and then move the workshop tools into it.  Hopefully it will only be a few-hour project!

ClydesdaleKevin

We've got the booth display tent packed up and stowed, the A-Frame repaired and loaded up with what stays here, all the RV compartments loaded up tetris-style, and are ready to move the A-Frame into its final position on our campsite, and then load the remaining items in the K5 Blazer.  First we have to make a trip to Lowes to return a fire extinguisher we didn't need after all for the booth...and then stop by the dog food store to load up on more dogfood, and then back to camp to finish packing down, checking the fluids and air pressures, etc.  We'll also stop at the laundry mat, and the auto parts store to buy either some toggle switches, or the little rings for toggle switches if they sell them separately...I just noticed that the pups have managed to step on some of the dash toggles, and the rings are either missing or broken on a few of them....dang dogs.  Looks like we'll easily be out of here and on the road tomorrow morning.  430 miles to my sister's house in St Marys, GA is our first stop on vacation!

Kev

joanfenn

Drive safe Kevin and don't forget to rest up for your next chapter. :)clap

HandyDan

Is Tombstone on the agenda this year?
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

Nope Dan...no Tombstone this year...although we might check out Old Tucson!

Everything is done and packed away, and all we have to do is hook up the Blazer and hit the road tomorrow morning.  More than likely we'll be out of here around noon.

Kev

Rickf1985

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks!  We'll be on the road shortly...at some point today.

Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

We made it all the way down to St George, SC, and pulled into a Flying J for the evening.  Thus endeth this chapter, and a new one begins:  Winter Vacation, 2015-16!!!

Kev