Help with dash items identification - brave d18

Started by perlgurl, September 18, 2015, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perlgurl

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased a 1973 Brave D18.  I just got it back from the shop where it was for about three weeks in order to get the work done to make it safe to drive and stop.  Now that it’s safe to drive, I’m wanting to a do a few things to it in order to make a couple fall trips before I have to winterize it and park it. 

I’ve worked out signal lights, headlights and wipers; they are labeled and they all work well.  These are the buttons and switches to the left of the speedometer.  The ones to the right are not labeled though, one does not seem to work (#3) and I’m not clear what the others do.

http://www.perlgurl.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=10100&g2_serialNumber=2

The first thing is figuring out if the heat works.  However, I’m not clear on what on the dash is supposed to be the heat switch.  Any tips?

I’ve just paid for and downloaded the “'69-'75 Dodge Service 3 volume BONUS pack!” which includes the Chassis Service Manual and the Parts manual.  I not yet finding what I need, but the manual does not seem to be a “text searchable”  pdf and I’ve only looked at it for a short time. 

I cannot get into the Member Area > Manuals, Diagrams and Tech Info yet.

DaveVA78Chieftain

On the right side of this page locate the Owners Manual section.  Select the Winnebago link.  Download the 73 Chieftain Operators manual.  Go to page 15.
[move][/move]

perlgurl

Awesome.  Thanks so much!  I'll be testing the heat (and cooling apparently) tomorrow!