Changing Bell Crank on 95 P30

Started by CJ7365, September 02, 2015, 09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ7365

Going to install Super Steer bell cranks on my 95 Brave this weekend, I have regular tie rod and pitman arm pullers, are these going to be big enough to get the arm off the old bell crank?

GONMAD

Should be OK with the pullers but don't forget a BFH in case they are stubborn. A little heat might be needed as well.   You are going to see a BIG difference in your steering... for the better. Damn these are expensive! If you don't have a true steer centering device yet that is a good addition too. I bit the bullet years ago & have peace of mind while driving anywhere.  These additions make driving a lot less stressful.  GONMAD

CJ7365

Ok thanks, yeah those bell cranks are pricey, but wont have to mess with them again.

I have the BFH lol

The MH already had the safty steer system on it when i bought it

GONMAD

I'll tell you about the EXPENSIVE Bilstien shocks all the way around is a  plus & the Bilstien steering damper that hooks to the passenger side. These shocks have NOT been duplicated unless you buy adjustable racing shocks... (VERY pricey). They're worth every penny! Juct don't get a steering wheel that's too small as they increase wrist fatigue. I have an original Corvette wheel that works great & steering is really two finger at highway speed with all the changes. I haven't regretted them yet. C YA! GONMAD

CJ7365

Ok, got the new Super Bell Crank on, took me all of about an hour to do, the pickle fork that I had, worked with just a few blows of the hammer, I am in the southwest, so rust is not an issue here.

Sorry I did not take any pictures, I figured its a pretty easy procedure, and it was.

I only replaced the drivers side as they are $250, and the passenger side one is still good.

I only have 33,000 miles on the Winnebago, the old one I took off had about 1/8" side play, not that bad, but the spec is .002

I did test drive it, and do not have to adjust the Safety Steer

Also, I just replace the rear with new Bilstien shocks, the front already has them, and seem to work fine.