Need replacement fuel tank? Here's a good source.

Started by GG in Oklahoma, August 23, 2015, 10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GG in Oklahoma

Needed a replacement gas tank for my "new" 1977 Minnie Winnie.  Two weeks of searching.  Finally found someone who knew what they were talking about; and they delivered.  On time, good value and good work:

https://www.gastankrenu.com

NiftyBetty

I have located two sources who indicate that they can customize a replacement gas tank for my 75 D19-- that will be a 25 gallon tank, I believe.   I am asking my mechanic to send them the drawing and descriptions they need so we can get a quote.  Has anyone had any experience with either Alumitank, Inc. (AlumiTank.com) or Boyd Welding (boydwelding.com)? 

NiftyBetty

Wanting to share:   Turns out aluminum replacement tank estimate was $1200-  but this is based on my mechanic's statement without having sent the information Alumitank requested so if you're interested, I'd still call.  Ended up with Jim Moyer in Greensburg, PA, near Pittsburgh.  He has refurbished my fuel tank for 1975 D19.  Cost was $500, without shipping costs.  i delivered and will pick up myself.   He tells me he spends most of his time these days working on really old stuff that can't be replaced.  He is Moyer Gas Tank Repair, 2011 Western Avenue, Greensburg, PA-  800-328-9550.   He gave me his permission to share.  Answers the phone himself. 

tmsnyder

NiftyBetty

Hahaha,  I don't know what happened the first time I tried that link above for gastankrenu-- I think the link failed. I tried it today, and it turns out my guy is listed on that site.  Who knew?   i??

EldoradoBill

My neighbor just shelled out $800 to have the tank in his Pace Arrow cut open, cleaned and sealed, and put back together. Didn't include installation or a pump. Glad I take care of mine...