We got a mention in the Wall Street Journal!!! Wow!

Started by Lefty, August 22, 2015, 02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lefty

Anyone read this article yet? It's about how classic and vintage RV's have become sought after collectibles. They even threw in a mention of us here at Classic Winnebago's...
Maybe that will generate some new traffic our way.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/comfy-kitschy-and-thrifty-vintage-rvs-make-a-comeback-1440091388
I reserve the right to reject your reality and substitute my own...

eXodus

hey is cool,

my generation get mentioned "young folks " lol, take a look at youtube there are a bunch of younger people getting old rvs fixing them and having fun.

maybe time to get a couple old baggos as investement.

Rickf1985

And to think, I just bought that Pace Arrow for 600.00 and was going to part it out. SECOND THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if we can get permission to copy that article over to here?

86Winnie454

Great!   :)clap  WSJ article...  This is a great website, so no wonder.  So glad I found it.  And the folks who like the vintage RV's, which were built so well.  The information from this website is excellent - mostly experiential, which always works best for old vintage stuff.  I went to a car show once - All American Car Show, down in Santa Rosa.  The little race car next to me had a 454 engine with a roll  bar!  Jeeeeezus!  454's rule!!!! ;)

Schmitti

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

There you go Mark. All the hard work paid off. Well done mate. :)ThmbUp

David.lgtwks

Fantastic!! I was worried I  be the only 1978  resto-mod going down the freeway!! I thought I would be laughed and honked at!! But I'm the one hoping to be laughing, and smiling.!!
David.lgtwks

skrrt25

That's great! Hopefully they'll start re circulating more info on the older models. Hubby and I just bought a 34 foot 1988 safari xlt with a JD chassis and a 460 ford motor. Having a heck of a time finding parts and info

Oz

I have a vintage RVs for sale group and yes, the market is teeming with buyers and sellers.   A new generation of enthusiasts is growing!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp The laughing is because they evy you and wish they were on board. The honking is "RIGHT ON" wish we were with you. :P