Air Bag Suspension

Started by WyzrdX, August 18, 2015, 11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzrdX

I have searched the many topics on air bags throughout the forum and yet still cant find what I need.

'74 Indian D25 Dodge M500(RM400).

I found the Airlift kit for the rear. But I cant find anything for the front. Does anyone have any idea what I would need for the front?

Thanks
Gene
"The only source of knowledge is experience" - Albert Einstein

A Crowded Camper is better than an Empty Mansion.... Says Who?????

Thenoob

If you find anything let me know, I've been looking for my d18 1973 m300.  If you find something post it
Up!!

DaveVA78Chieftain

Airlift stopped making the front kit a few years ago.

Gene - Curious, do you have 17.5" or 19.5" rims?  M500 sounds like overkill for a 25ft rig.
[move][/move]

Oz

you won't find air bags for the front any more, but it's possible to make the mounts.  I had them on mine but the photos in my album aren't good enough and I gave the paperwork for them to the person who bought the RV from me.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

WyzrdX

Dave - I have 19.5' rims. I originally thought I had the M400 chassis but per the vin I have the M500.

OZ - Lucky for me I have a Fab shop that does most of my work on the cheap. I may be able to get them to fab me some if I can get the design for them.

Could I just use the rear bags for the front if I had the mounts made?

Gene

DaveVA78Chieftain

I seem to recall they still sell the replacement bags.  Use the search feature here as there is a thread about all this somewhere (replacement bag, building mounts from scratch, etc.)
[move][/move]

WyzrdX

Dave - Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I hadnt thought of searching for replacement airbags as I dont have any but the last entry was this thread http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,5372.msg19141.html#msg19141 which led me to a pdf of the assembly for the front kit. Which I am uploading in the manual section.

Whats better is it gave me the kit number and I was able to find it on Amazon for $283. It is the one that is discontinued by Air-Lift.

So my day just got better.

Gene

Edit: Here is the uploaded pdf [smg id=7396 type=av]