Post your "Really Ruff Winnebago and Vintage RV's" here....

Started by legomybago, August 11, 2015, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M & J

The plate on the back looks clean and new. Cant make it out though.
M & J

Rickf1985

It does look like a newer tag but can you imagine driving that! I can't picture the interior being much better than the exterior from the looks of that roof.

brians1969

Rickf1985

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

EldoradoBill

Gives you an idea of how they were put together.....  W%

Bill

M & J

M & J

Oz

D:oH!   :D   Gives a pretty good idea of how well they burn too.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

Quite well I would say. "Somebody" burned it down on him. I wonder if he just by chance owed money on it? Hm? W%

brians1969

Elandan2

Here's a video of an RV fire. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zSjZVlnKHg 
About halfway though, the propane tank begins venting just as it is designed to and the propane is simply burned off.  In a larger fire, (think train wreck or storage facility) the propane may boil too quickly to be vented off and you end up with a BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion).  Thank goodness that doesn't happen often.  Rick
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

I have never seen an RV tank or a Propane powered vehicle tank blow. They just vent. Have been on many vehicle fires. Tires, on the the other hand do blow!

And by the way, gasoline tanks don't blow up either. They just leak out and get hotter and hotter. Movies are great for that one.

EldoradoBill

A reminder to keep your extinguisher up-to-date. I carry two in all my vehicles; a CO2 for my stuff that might be burning and a dry chemical for other people's stuff  ;)

Bill

Rickf1985

Froggy1936

For anyone who travels with there refrigerator operating on propane & forgets to turn off the fridge before refueling This is a very likely scenario as just fumes from filling can ignite from fridge flame Also applys to hot water tanks pilot flame oven or stove top even furnace  flame . The safest way to travel is with main propane valve closed  There is also the probability of a vibration created leak in propane or gasoline  Before fueling take a look around . Once the fire starts if you don't lose it all you will be very lucky !
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

legomybago

Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

LJ-TJ

Aw but in the hands of a Classic Winnebago and RVer just a masterpiece in the waiting.

LJ-TJ

legomybago

legomybago

I feel like this old Travco felt alone a lot at night out here behind the trees...

M & J

M & J

SLEETH

legomybago

legomybago

legomybago