SeaFlo vs ShurFlo fresh water pump

Started by TripleJ, August 10, 2015, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleJ

So my MH was equipped with a ShurFlu 2088 series pump, and the pressure switch failed after about a year of use (probably its 30th year in all, I think it was original).  I went ahead and ordered the pump head/switch assembly from amazon.  Everything was great until I disassembled the pump... all three long screws that hold the pump together snapped flush with the pump motor housing.  Long story longer, that pump will never function again...

So after having invested the $20 in the switch, I was feeling "thrifty".  Rather than spend $100 more for the new pump, I went for the $20 SeaFlo pump P/N B00DLKT4OO.

http://amzn.com/B00DLKT4OO

I can say that this pump is just as loud as the old shur-flo, and should probably be "soft lined" in to reduce the noise from the pipes.  Pressure and flow seem the same HOWEVER the shur-flo was pulling through a clogged intake filter that isn't there anymore.  Other than that, hookups were the same, with the same two wire electrical connection.

Bottom line here, make sure your Shur-Flo pump can be disassembled before you order parts.  If its good, youre in luck.  Buy the parts and get er.  If your Shur-Flo is porked like mine, the SeaFlo will get the job done for only $20.  Probably not as good as the original, and I don't know how long its supposed to last... But like I said... Thrifty

'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

Oz

Always good to find thrifty options!  Thanks for sharing.  Shurflo is known to last many years.  Only Time will tell if the Seaflo measures up to that.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca