Looking for aftermarket Instrument Panel

Started by WyzrdX, August 05, 2015, 11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyzrdX

I am needing some assistance finding either an aftermarket instrument panel for my '74 Indian D25 or finding a way to replace all of the gauges with better (read more accurate) gauges.

I found one place online but don't know if they can do the '74. I am waiting for a call back.

Any ideas?
"The only source of knowledge is experience" - Albert Einstein

A Crowded Camper is better than an Empty Mansion.... Says Who?????

Oz

Nobody has ever found an aftermarket replacement instrument panel for these vintage Winnies.  However, the gauges can be replaced and custom panel made for them.

Here's an excellent good thread on this topic:

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7201.0.html

If you have more questions, please ask them on that topic.

:)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Wellllllll, I have to admit when I started to put my gauge package together I maybe thought it was over kill and I'm sure many here who have seen it think so. However after having it for a year WOW! wouldn't change it. It's fantastic to run down the interstate and be able to scan all the temp,volt,vacums and pressures,rpms and know exactly what's going on. I put my package together over time for about $400.00 with all Autometer gauges off E-bay and Craig's list. I felt they were the best and made in America. I think the only other gauges I would have used is Stewart Warner. Hm?

WyzrdX

Thanks for pointing me to the thread. I guess my search terms were lacking cause I didnt find it. I will mark as solved.

I did however find this site.

http://www.custominstrumentpanels.com/
"The only source of knowledge is experience" - Albert Einstein

A Crowded Camper is better than an Empty Mansion.... Says Who?????

Oz

Ah, I seem to remember that site mentioned in one of the instrument panel topic and had totally forgotten about it until you posted it.  Thanks!

:)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca