Stuck transmission cable

Started by thelonewolf, July 23, 2015, 12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thelonewolf

:( !-!  I have a 1971 Apollo venus and have a stuck transmission cable and get it in to gear. Does any one no how to get a new one I have checked every salvage yard in Arizona oh plz can some one help me

PwrWgnWalt

Using the search feature at upper right, found this thread with some good info as a starting point:
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,3050.0.html

There are several posts that came up, so if the one I gave you doesn't answer your need, search further.

Someone else might have more current info, so check back soon...  and let us know how it goes!

Admin Edit:
If you have more questions about it, just post your question on the existing topic.
Walt & Tina

Rickf1985

Dr. Righteous

It is RARE that a off the shelf shifter cable will work.
Had this issue on my Avco and had a custom cable.
ALL production of these cables has long stopped for Dodge chassis.   
You are going to have to get a custom produced one.

Rickf1985

Hundreds of dollars for a custom cable vs. the mod shown in detail in the linked post? I pick the aftermarket even if I have to have someone do the work. That way if I ever need a new cable the number is right there and I can call Summit and have it in one or two days for 40.00. Remember, once the modified brackets are built they are there forever, at that point the easy to get cable IS the replacement.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

DRMousseau

That 727 trans was, and still is, popular among custom builders of classic street rods. My biggest concern was preserving the shift lever appearance and function on the dash. That shift mod is so easy, it can be done in jus a few casual hours with minimal tools. Costs for cable, mounts AND extras is considerably less than a replacement cable, if you can find one, and MUCH better in quality and function. Works great, and no more concerns of seizing, freezing, or jammed, bound up cables.

Check that link out,....
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"