Adjusting Parking brake

Started by gezundheit, June 27, 2015, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gezundheit

she's a 73' travco on a RM 350 chassis.the rear drums are cable operated to provide parking brake,activation is by a orschein control handle located in cab.i have looked in the service manual but found no mention of how to adjust the parking brakes.as of now there is no parking brake at all.the handle for actuation can be in its fully locked position and the coach will move.i sure need a heads up as were anxious to go camping.thanks.

DaveVA78Chieftain

1.  You have the slack adjuster that connects the cable from each wheel to the main cable.

2.  You have the overall adjuster built into the brake handle.  The knurled knob on the handle turns allowing you to take up slack in the components.  Do not adjust it so tight that the shoes rub when the parking brake is OFF.  The rig should not move with PB applied with tranny in drive @ idle.

General description of parking brake adjustment: http://www.howacarworks.com/brakes/adjusting-the-handbrake
[move][/move]

gezundheit

Thanks Dave for the parking brake info!its a little wet outside now but comes the morning I'll be putting that info into action.