"New" 1977 Winnebago Travel Trailer Owner

Started by Trunkhill1, June 16, 2015, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkhill1

Hello All!

So excited to begin overhauling a 1977 14ft Winnebago travel trailer.  Pics to come soon as we pick it up this month.  Got at estate auction for $1000 (would have been cheaper if not for the one other guy bidding).  Gotta drive 2 states away and back later this month to tow it back.  And, need to troubleshoot the tail lights and toilet.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Congratulations on your find.  Welcome to our little piece of the web.
[move][/move]

M & J

M & J

Trunkhill1

Here's pics of my newest labor.  Looking forward to taking her out to our great Colorado destinations.

[smg id=7185]
[smg id=7182]
[smg id=7183]
[smg id=7184]

Rickf1985

When you go to get it take grease and tools so you can pack the wheel bearings. If they have been sitting for years then the grease may have dried out. Also, and this applies to anything that has been sitting, CHECK THE TIRES! They are probably dry rotted and if you have to drive that for you may want to take new ones with you. You will be needing them anyway and they are usually almost as cheap to buy on new rims as they ar4e alone and then you have to have them mounted.

Trunkhill1

Thanks, Ya me, my dad and brother are gunna repack the bearings.  They said the tires look good, no weather checking; but we're gunna get a spare to take back with.  The last lynch pin is to get the tail lights working before heading back.

Rickf1985

Or get a set of magnetic mount towing lights and stick them on the back bumper, if it has a bumper. Harbor Freight has them cheap.

sasktrini

Corey aka sasktrini

Trunkhill1

So from the ID plate on the side of the trailer, it was made in 1975.  Model: Canadian.  Can anyone give me a line on where I could find layout/schematics/owners manual, etc?  I'm going to start pulling the interior apart soon.  Repaint, re-floor, and modernize.  May redo the layout.

Also, anyone ever encounter a 4-bolt rim?  They have Dodge hubcaps on it.  I'll be looking for a spare to bumper mount.

After a 750 mile trip to Iowa and back to Colorado, it held up really well (not too bad for 80mph interstate).  Repacked bearings, got 1 tire with a slow leak fixed and tinkered with the lighting just well enough to get it home without cops pulling me over.

Oz

If you need help with technical issues, please post your questions on the corresponding message boards in order to receive the best responses.

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Trunkhill1

Roger will-do,

Had a little trouble navigating, but I see the forums now (computer glitching/internet)

Thanks

Dill

Welcome aboard! Beautiful rig you got there! Looking forward to seeing your adventures!