413 will not start with key. Jump starts directly off starter solenoid

Started by Srmartinez1027, June 10, 2015, 01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Quote from: Bnova on August 07, 2015, 10:06 PM
This might be the bracket set.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-10497/overview/

Thats it, sorry about that. The Doc is a regular but he is on the road at this time and checks in off and on. I would send him a PM.

Rickf1985

That cable looks exactly like the one on my Hurst V-matic shifter in my Jeep. But again there are many different configurations of those mounting tabs and hole sizes.

brokenspokane

Thanks, guys!  That's the cable and the bracket alright.  It also explains the looks I got from the young men at the parts stores.  I was asking for it as a unit, not a cable and a bracket to go with it.  They looked at me like, 'This crazy old man hasn't a clue what he wants', which it seems I didn't.

I picked up this rig for a couple hundred bucks and got it running for another fifty.  It's sitting on blocks in the city street in front of my house with the shifter cable out and I need to move it into the back yard.  A new cable and bracket will be another $105.92 (inc. shipping), which is still a steal overall!

But, right now I just need to move it 50' or so!  It will have to jocky back and forth a little to get it there.  I'll get the cable in sometime because a running Winnie is a lot more re-selable than a dead one.  But the the truth is I'd much rather put the $106 into the tanks of my old '69 D-22 and go camping----- I need to be doing some recreational stuff myself while it's still summer.

Thanks for all the help guys!  I didn't intend to hijack the thread.  I suppose now that the old girl starts I ought to take it to another thread.  What do ya think, Oz?

Oz

If your original question is solved, then questions of a different nature should be posted as new topics, yes.

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Srmartinez1027

I'm sorry but have been busy will try what Dave has mentioned for the 69 but mine is a 1970.

Srmartinez1027

Guess I'll start a new post maybe it won't get hijacked this time.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Quote from: Srmartinez1027 on August 17, 2015, 11:52 PM
Guess I'll start a new post maybe it won't get hijacked this time.

Yes please do and I promise I will only answer to questions about your rig only.
However, you do need the wiring diagrams to work though this.
[move][/move]