painted wheels other than black or white?

Started by TripleJ, May 28, 2015, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TripleJ

I just had two new steers mounted and Im going to leave the front HR wheel covers off to match the rear.  Im at the point where Im going to either spray fresh white over the steel like they were, or maybe black? Grey? My HR is the standard reddish/blueish stripes over whiteish...

Has anyone painted the regular steel wheels something other than white or black?  Maybe try to match the wheels to the blueish stripes?? Any pictures of your different-colored wheels?

'85 Holiday Rambler Presidential '28

TripleJ

Since nobody wants to play, Ill just show what I did...

Hmmm, looks better in person IMO.  I cant find any pics of before for some reason...

Oz

You saw Lefty's TT wheels he did in a copper color in his projects blog?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

PwrWgnWalt

Walt & Tina

TripleJ

I saw the wheels Lefty did, his work is outta my league...

That beachcraft seriously has an apocalypse-mobile vibe to it!  I think its all the push pads on the front bumper  :)

Froggy1936

When I replaced all my tires just after purchase I dismounted all 6 cleaned and wire wheeled Primered and sprayed both sides white , After a few yrs they started to look worse So I purchased 4 Full chrome wheel covers Looked very good again , Then 1 by 1 I lost the covers  (replaced the first one @ 45.00 ea) After looseing another (they come off wile traveling @ 60 MPH on major highway) Not retrievable Now 16 yrs later they look like sh-- again . Unless you are going to have them powder coated It wont hold up . Though I believe you should only have to complete ea project one time in a lifetime !  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

TripleJ

I expect to have to touch up the wheels every couple years. Pretty much on schedule with my tire replacement idea of 2 new tires every two years... Now I gotta start working on freshening up the stripes.  Speaking of Stripes Hm?...