Need throttle cable '75 D21 440

Started by cosmic, May 13, 2015, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmic

I broke my throttle cable on my 1975 d21 440
can someone help me with a part number.. source where I can buy one.  Napa is good here in Canada.   
this could be the end of my long weekend before it even started.

thanks so much.
vic

cosmic

headed to the speed shop. they said they have a universal cable.. will see when I get there... keep ya posted N:(

cosmic

no luck.. so back to the part number..
any help would be greatly appreciated i?? .

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

cosmic

So I took it apart and took a screw and drilled a hole through the screw and jammed the wire through and tightened the nut. then I took my grinder and ground down the bolt and a little of the nut head.. Put it back together and its working perfect..
I would still like a part number for it as I will need to have a back up on board as my fix might not last forever.

Oz I had no luck. I think the Chrysler part number needs to be converted or something. then might be able to find it at napa i??

LJ-TJ

Motor Home Chassis Parts Catalog Models M-300, M-375,RM-300,RM-350,RM-400.
Page 14-2
Fuel 14-25-0 Throttle Control Cable 2960213

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

Oz

Ah, there you go.  Thanks TJ & Dave!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

cosmic

Dave on your link I go to where to buy. how ever every link I go to I can not put in either part number and actually get anything
I will try nappa in the morning with the atp number y-611

I did find the part at summit.. I am now looking for a Canadian supplier..

cosmic

ok here is what I have learned..
the Chrysler part number 2960213 is for a 1973 converts to atp y-611
How ever for a 1974 to 1977 the Chrysler part number is 3820840 and cant convert this..

for some reason the y-611 dose not look the same as my cable on one end.. I have a big c clip instead of the shaft and bolt on the y-611

DaveVA78Chieftain

Sorry, I did not check TJ's info.  My bad

I have not located anything so far either.

Dave
[move][/move]

cosmic

I ordered the 73 cable from rock auto. 56 Canadian to the door. I will jimmy rig the one end to make it work for my application.
thanks boys.. :)ThmbUp

TerryH

Between the old and new cables it may be possible that a motor cycle shop could help, especially one that does custom work. They often have to make new cables.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore