Toilet doesn't hold water, keeps running

Started by Oz, May 10, 2015, 11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76PRROW

I bought a water pump for the coach, it was missing. I now have running water but my toilet doesnt hold water and keeps running. Should I just replace the whole thing?

TerryH

check in the Member Area here under manuals for your particular toilet/pump. As a rule RV toilets do not hold water in the bowl. Activating the flush mechanism introduces water for flushing. They are not the same as a house toilet. As for continually running, assuming you mean water continually runs into the bowl, sounds like a toilet hand or foot lever problem. Again, depends on the particular toilet. If the pump is running continually, I'd disconnect it immediately, before it fries.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

khantroll

If your water pump is cycling correctly, but your toilet is constantly pouring water into the bowl, then it most likely the flush lever. Depending on the model, it may be simpler to replace the unit. The cheapest unit offered at Camping World is about 150 today, though, so I'd probably try to take it apart and fix it first.

Oz

Check your make & model - chances we have the manual for it in the Member Area.  You've made a wise decision to become a Full Member so... make the most of what we have to offer by cashing in on every manual we have that you need!

On the main forum page, on the right, there's a side block which has logs.  One of them is for all your appliance & accessory makes & models.  You can download it, print it, and always have it handy for quick reference.

:)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Bnova

Mine won't hold water for a long time but maybe a couple hours.  I fixed a leak on mine, it had a bad vacuum breaker and was blowing water all over in the back of the toilet.  Parts are relatively cheap and plentiful on ebay.  I bought a new flush valve, vacuum breaker and mounting gasket all for about 40 bucks shipped.  Not too bad to work on.

76PRROW

I have too many other projects at the moment but I do really need this to at least work for now.

Would it be possible to just run a small length of hose with a ball valve in between from the water outlet to the back of the toilet?

That way I can close the valve on the toilet when not needed and I can use the kitchen sink on my electric pump without filling up the toilet in the process.