Newbie bought a Brave '72 D18

Started by loothi, May 16, 2015, 07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loothi

Hi All.

Thought I'd introduce myself before I need help. Just acquired a sweet little Brave 1972 but with an updated Dodge engine. It's a bit rattly but has had some loving care inside and out improving on the original fixtures and fittings, and boasts 525w of solar on the roof. I know nothing about automobiles, let alone vintage Winnebagos. My boyfriend is slightly savvier but we're planning a slow loop around the US so I imagine becoming intimate with the vehicle and engine may be inevitable.

I've already searched some posts and it looks like there are a lot of Brave fans here. Yay. Being rather vain my first job (apart from duct taping up a loose transom) is restoring the stripes. Already found a thread on that. :)

Anyway. Hope to meet more Brave fans soon!
~lucy

Gary Eddy

Nice! Enjoy it. Expect 6-8 mpg when tuned up and just accept it. 
Gary Eddy
Fulltime Firefighter
St Paul MN

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp WOW! She looks like a sweet ride. You certainly came to the right place if you need any guidance with repairs. As a rule of thumb there not that difficult and the Lads and Lassies here are only to willing to help out. Welcome to the insane asylum.  :)rotflmao We look forword to hearing more about your great adventures.