76 Winnebago Chieftain

Started by drosato, May 03, 2015, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drosato

Hi all!

First i want to say thank you for the wealth of knowledge that you have all already given me. Im sure there is a lot more to come as well

Saturday I am heading to Phoenix to pick up a 76 Winnebago Chieftain and cant tell you how excited i am. She hasnt run in 3 years but im confident i can get her up and going and make the 100 mile journey home. Ill post pictures and report back with stories of my endeavors in my attempts to bring it home.

The plan is to convert the old girl to a common rail 5.9 cummins. im working on amassing my parts now and i will keep you all updated on my restoration journey!

Rickf1985

Welcome and good luck with your trip. Pay very close attention to those tires, they dry rot fast when sitting.

drosato

thanks for the heads up. they look to be in pretty good shape. luckily they have been covered. whoever parked this thing knew what they were doing. tank was drained, tires were covered and everything else has been used and maintained by family members that have been living in it. If anyone else has any good advice on stuff i should be looking out for it would be greatly appreciated.