Just saying Hi

Started by Brianpaul77, May 02, 2015, 12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brianpaul77

Recently stumbled onto these forums after my wife and I purchased a 1976 26' Executive Chief with 63k miles.  The old beast seems to be in fairly decent condition.  We've surmised that we are the third owners, the original owner took immaculate care of it( we found all of the maintenance records from 1976-2010!!!) and the owner before us had her parked at a permanent spot at a fishing campground for the past 4 years.  Seems most of the work I'll need to do is from the neglect of having her parked for so long. 

When we went to clean it up after driving it home, we found a complete owner's kit set of all the original manuals that came when purchased new.  Not sure if these are already archived on this site, but I'd be more then willing to contribute them when I find some time to scan.  It's hundreds of pages of information, not only about the chassis and coach, but each individual system and appliance.  I was pretty pleased to find it all still intact.

I've very happy to have ran across this forum, as I'm sure it will provide me with a wealth of knowledge I'm going to need as we get our first MH running in tip top condition.  Thankfully, there is almost no work that needs to be done on the interior or any of the RV systems, but I can already tell it needs new air bags, suspension work and we have the wonderful always-on brake warning light that I see everyone seems to have dealt with.  Trying to get it in operation soon so we can feel safe using it this season.

Thanks in advance to everyone that I'm sure is going to be a huge help to me as I ask a million questions.  (Don't worry, I'll use the search function first)

Brian

[smg id=7104 type=preview align=center width=400]

[smg id=7105 type=preview align=center width=400]

[smg id=7102 type=preview align=center width=400]

[smg id=7103 type=preview align=center width=400]

joev

wow sweet ride :)ThmbUp good find welcome to the site  :)

LJ-TJ

Good Lord what a sweet ride. Well done. Welcome to the insane asylum  ;)

M & J

What a time capsule.
M & J

eXodus

Oz

Nice layout!  Decent counter space for that arrangement, wide center aisle... very nice vintage RV right there!
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca