Sanity check?

Started by 1990HR, April 27, 2015, 12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1990HR

So the wife and I bought this 1990 Holiday Rambler a couple months ago and are going through it with a fine tooth comb.
She is cleaning the inside like there was a murder scene that took place and I'm prepping the exterior for a full paint job.
As we are doing this, we are replacing all marker lights, brake lights, turn signals, porch light and every light we come across with LEDs.
Tonight we ordered a cool entrance grab handle that is illuminated and a keyless touchpad door lock.
For the interior, we plan on new flooring, all new leather furniture including the captain chairs, media electric fireplace with TV on top, new walls,
new toilet, all digital dash with plastic burl dash plate, replace all curtains and shades and the list goes on with minor things.

Funny thing is I'm the one in the family that is the spender and the wife is frugal one.
Here, the wife is all about replacing everything and making this 25 year old motorhome look brand new.

Have we both gone crazy?

joev

nope sounds like you caught the motorhome bug.  :)rotflmao

MotorPro

Sanity check? Anyone sane they wouldn't be on this forum

LJ-TJ

Nope, sounds normal to me. Differance between you and us is we spread it over a period of time. However you have committed the  cardinal sin. WHERE'S THE PICTRUES.  D:oH! $@!#@!

jeno

nope, if my motorhome was all done i would not have as much fun with it.

M & J

Nope. Still dont see a problem.
M & J

Froggy1936

Actually when you are done , you will have a like new R/V for a lot less than a new one. And other than the Super rich No one will be able to tell the difference nor will they care !Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

1990HR

Quote from: Froggy1936 on April 27, 2015, 12:34 PM
Actually when you are done , you will have a like new R/V for a lot less than a new one. And other than the Super rich No one will be able to tell the difference nor will they care !Frank

That's what I keep telling myself. A new nice class A starts at $80,000 easy and average is around $140,000 - $160,000 and they make new vehicles so you can't work on them. A new motorhome will have the new "Style" look but it will not have anything we don't, to a degree.

Quote from: LJ-TJ on April 27, 2015, 08:05 AM
Nope, sounds normal to me. Differance between you and us is we spread it over a period of time. However you have committed the  cardinal sin. WHERE'S THE PICTRUES.  D:oH! $@!#@!

I have been taking a lot of pictures of the process. After it is painted I will post a link to the pictures.
I'll make a webpage on our server with all the pictures of what we have done and put up a link.
Don't want to take a lot of bandwidth from this site when I don't have to.